Dallas Diocese posting all churches .3006 and .3007 !!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
spx74
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Dallas Diocese posting all churches .3006 and .3007 !!

Post by spx74 »

At Mass yesterday, I noticed the Dallas bishops campaign has started, again; I bet contributions are down. Another note, I read on A Blog For Dallas Area Catholics, that a pet- ion has been started to send to the bishop; I'm hoping and praying it helps :woohoo

Tracker
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Tracker »

mcneyens
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mcneyens »

:iagree:

I just signed the petition and hope others do as well. I believe the lawyers of the Church stopped reading after

PC §46.035
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, on or about the license holder’s person:
(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

(I seriously think they stopped reading after this and failed to continue reading, which if you get all the way to section (i) of 46.035 you'll find out .....)

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06 or 30.07.

Post the 30.07 sign, I don't think anyone is going to care, but don't change your position after 20 years because you failed to understand the changes in the law.

One other thing, I didn't notice any signs outside or inside my church entrance on Sunday and I don't have any need to read the churches website or the bulletin.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Right2Carry »

I signed it as well. I find both Bishops to be unreasonable.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

mcneyens

Post by mcneyens »

:iagree:
Right2Carry wrote:I signed it as well. I find both Bishops to be unreasonable.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 8

Post by anygunanywhere »

Couldn't they have found a better site than change.org?

Made my skin crawl.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

They should've adopted this: https://www.dioceseoftyler.org/news/201 ... carry-law/

Bishop Strickland, Tyler, understands Catholicism with regards to self defense: "I respect and support the right that we have as Texans to defend ourselves and our families. As Catholics, we believe the legitimate defense of persons can be not only a right, but also a grave duty."

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... s2c2a5.htm
2265 Legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for one who is responsible for the lives of others. The defense of the common good requires that an unjust aggressor be rendered unable to cause harm. For this reason, those who legitimately hold authority also have the right to use arms to repel aggressors against the civil community entrusted to their responsibility.

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

anygunanywhere wrote:Couldn't they have found a better site than change.org?

Made my skin crawl.
I bet it made C.org's skin crawl, too, to have pro gun petition

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 8

Post by anygunanywhere »

Tracker wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Couldn't they have found a better site than change.org?

Made my skin crawl.
I bet it made C.org's skin crawl, too, to have pro gun petition
Looking at it that way I feel better.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mcneyens

Post by mcneyens »

Has anyone heard any updates on this or gained any traction talking to FW / DAL bishops?

Topic author
spx74
Posts in topic: 16

Post by spx74 »

You can google ' anti gun Dallas Bishop' and get plenty. I see he is an Obamanite from DC. We need a good Texas Bishop :thumbs2:

SC-Texas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SC-Texas »

time to find a new church and cease contbutions

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

I'm thinking it quietly died in fort worth's. Signs were supposed to be posted in Feb. they haven't been posted in my parish nor the others on the area

tenke56
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tenke56 »

My wife is catholic and only makes me go on special occasions. I went on Easter Sunday and carried just in-case this was wrong as I could always walk back to the truck and lock it up. Luckily, I did not have to do that. Her church is only posted 30.07, which I am fine with.

georgexwilson
Posts in topic: 2

Post by georgexwilson »

It's real simple. We make it hurt where it counts. Go the church, and in the daily collection, put a check for zero dollars and zero cents. in the memo section of your check, state, "remove the 30.06/30.07 signs". Sign the check drop it in the collection.

The Catholic Church doesn't belong to Bishop Farrell. It's belongs to us and God. We follow God's laws, not man's. We WILL MAKE them take down the 30.06 and 30.07 signs.

George Wilson

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”