Half Price Records & Books--30.06/30.07

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

fickman
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Half Price Records & Books--30.06/30.07

Post by fickman »

I can think of a situation in NYC where the on-duty police shot plenty of innocent bystanders.
Native Texian

WildBill
Posts in topic: 8

Post by WildBill »

fickman wrote:I can think of a situation in NYC where the on-duty police shot plenty of innocent bystanders.
I can think of several situations where non-LTC holder BGs shot innocent bystanders.
NRA Endowment Member

PhilBob
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PhilBob »

A search of the internet reveals that an innocent bystander is more likely to be shot by a police officer or be caught in the crossfire of two gangs in a shootout than be shot by a civilian with a LTC. An innocent bystander being shot is pretty much a myth. In an active shooter situation even if a bystander was struck by the LTC holder he would be in the danger zone and, with no one to stop him, the BG would likely shoot him anyway.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Had a real need to go to the store in Richardson near the Alamo Draft House this weekend. Almost bit the bullet and went in, but instead visited Amazon when I got home. Really loved that store, but I feel very compelled to stick to my principles.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The wife of my LifeGroup leader works at the HPB in Bedford, and she's madder than a wet hen, because she sometimes works late hours, and she can't CC any longer. She loves books too, but I don't know if she loves books enough to put up with this crap for much longer.

Maybe we could start a competing business, and call it "Liberty Books", tagline "The Bookstore that Respects ALL of your Bill of Rights".
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The wife of my LifeGroup leader works at the HPB in Bedford, and she's madder than a wet hen, because she sometimes works late hours, and she can't CC any longer. She loves books too, but I don't know if she loves books enough to put up with this crap for much longer.

Maybe we could start a competing business, and call it "Liberty Books", tagline "The Bookstore that Respects ALL of your Bill of Rights".

Sign me up. :thumbs2:

Have a copy of the Constitution blown up and placed in the front window. Discounts for LTC holders.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The wife of my LifeGroup leader works at the HPB in Bedford, and she's madder than a wet hen, because she sometimes works late hours, and she can't CC any longer. She loves books too, but I don't know if she loves books enough to put up with this crap for much longer.

Sign me up. :thumbs2:

Have a copy of the Constitution blown up and placed in the front window. Discounts for LTC holders.
I do believe we're onto something.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Also rent out back room for LTC classroom, instant discounts for students. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

Does the NRA have any "gun friendly" investment plan? I would be nice to put retirement money in a fund that invests in companies that have a positive view of 2A. I'm sure there are quite a few "activist investors" on the other side of the issue.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

How many of these dual 30.06/30.07 signs are bought and posted out of ignorance?

An uninformed/uninterested, non-gun manager or managerette would be easy pickens' for a sign peddler of a 'twofer one signs deal' that will legally solve all your gun problems?

TangoX-ray

Post by TangoX-ray »

Oldgringo wrote:How many of these dual 30.06/30.07 signs are bought and posted out of ignorance?

An uninformed/uninterested, non-gun manager or managerette would be easy pickens' for a sign peddler of a 'twofer one signs deal' that will legally solve all your gun problems?
Or buy one, get one . . . Half Price
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

After paying for our purchase of a book on birds and another on dog training, I told the clerk/cashier at the Half Price Book store today in Rockwall that I did not appreciate the 30.06 sign on the entrance. The clerk said, "huh", what sign". :roll:

Back in the truck, Mrs. Oldgringo informed me that the clerk not only didn't know what I was talking about, he didn't care. She thinks she is so smart. :banghead:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 8

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:After paying for our purchase of a book on birds and another on dog training, I told the clerk/cashier at the Half Price Book store today in Rockwall that I did not appreciate the 30.06 sign on the entrance. The clerk said, "huh", what sign". :roll:

Back in the truck, Mrs. Oldgringo informed me that the clerk not only didn't know what I was talking about, he didn't care. She thinks she is so smart. :banghead:
Perhaps you missed an earlier part of this thread. The clerk/cashier may be ignorant about the signs, but the owner of the chain is not.
http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d ... rice-books
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:After paying for our purchase of a book on birds and another on dog training, I told the clerk/cashier at the Half Price Book store today in Rockwall that I did not appreciate the 30.06 sign on the entrance. The clerk said, "huh", what sign". :roll:

Perhaps you missed an earlier part of this thread. The clerk/cashier may be ignorant about the signs, but the owner of the chain is not.
http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d ... rice-books
Thanks Bill. After I looked at him and mentioned guns, he did mutter something about management. I reckon the point, if there is one, is that the hired help, bless their hearts, don't know and don't care. Furthermore, I don't feel less a man for storing my CC in the truck and shopping in the posted store. BTW, the nature/outdoor/fishing/pet books are in the same corner as the shooting/gun books.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but in all fairness I went to the Plano Half-Price Books on Preston Road in Plano a couple of weeks ago and did not see it posted.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”