Half Price Records & Books--30.06/30.07

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Half Price Records & Books--30.06/30.07

Post by WildBill »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but in all fairness I went to the Plano Half-Price Books on Preston Road in Plano a couple of weeks ago and did not see it posted.
I went to the store in Webster last week and they only had the 30.07 signs posted.
Back in January they had both 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
NRA Endowment Member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Maybe they've discovered their gun-related books are suddenly not selling?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

I will check to see if both signs are still up in Mansfield and Arlington locations next time I go by them.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bruin98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bruin98 »

Belt Line and 75 in Richardson is posted for both.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:After paying for our purchase of a book on birds and another on dog training, I told the clerk/cashier at the Half Price Book store today in Rockwall that I did not appreciate the 30.06 sign on the entrance. The clerk said, "huh", what sign". :roll:

Back in the truck, Mrs. Oldgringo informed me that the clerk not only didn't know what I was talking about, he didn't care. She thinks she is so smart. :banghead:
Perhaps you missed an earlier part of this thread. The clerk/cashier may be ignorant about the signs, but the owner of the chain is not.
http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d ... rice-books
Thanks Bill. After I looked at him and mentioned guns, he did mutter something about management. I reckon the point, if there is one, is that the hired help, bless their hearts, don't know and don't care. Furthermore, I don't feel less a man for storing my CC in the truck and shopping in the posted store. BTW, the nature/outdoor/fishing/pet books are in the same corner as the shooting/gun books.
While we were there in Rockwall, we got to try the In "N Out" Hamburger joint. Nice service, clean non-posted eatery; however, the burgers weren't anything to write home about.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:After paying for our purchase of a book on birds and another on dog training, I told the clerk/cashier at the Half Price Book store today in Rockwall that I did not appreciate the 30.06 sign on the entrance. The clerk said, "huh", what sign". :roll:

Back in the truck, Mrs. Oldgringo informed me that the clerk not only didn't know what I was talking about, he didn't care. She thinks she is so smart. :banghead:
Perhaps you missed an earlier part of this thread. The clerk/cashier may be ignorant about the signs, but the owner of the chain is not.
http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d ... rice-books
Thanks Bill. After I looked at him and mentioned guns, he did mutter something about management. I reckon the point, if there is one, is that the hired help, bless their hearts, don't know and don't care. Furthermore, I don't feel less a man for storing my CC in the truck and shopping in the posted store. BTW, the nature/outdoor/fishing/pet books are in the same corner as the shooting/gun books.
While we were there in Rockwall, we got to try the In "N Out" Hamburger joint. Nice service, clean non-posted eatery; however, the burgers weren't anything to write home about.
I liked In 'N Out when I lived in California. I didn't go out of my way to eat there, but if I was close by and they weren't crowded, I would eat there.
I liked their simple menu and they don't cook the burger until you order it. It takes a few extra minutes, but it is worth it.
Also they claim that the stores don't have freezers so they use fresh ground beef, freshly baked buns and real potatoes for their fries rather than frozen.
NRA Endowment Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

HPB in Mansfield still posted 30.06 and 30.07.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

Abe Books on the internet very often sells books for waaaaaaaay less than half price with free delivery.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:Abe Books on the internet very often sells books for waaaaaaaay less than half price with free delivery.
I have gotten some great deals from Abe Books.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”