I was going to report a store

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

I was going to report a store

Post by baldeagle »

That I shop at that has not put up either 30.06 or 30.07 signs, but considering the fact that the dirtbag antis are reading this board, I'm not going to do that. Suffice it to say that I'm happy I don't have to shop somewhere else.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

stingeragent
Banned

Re: I was going to report a store

Post by stingeragent »

I see no harm in posting a pro gun store honestly. If they are pro gun, a letter from MDA isn't going to change that. Furthermore, it doesn't take you to "out" a business. Any of the anti's can see the lack of signs in person.

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

baldeagle wrote:That I shop at that has not put up either 30.06 or 30.07 signs, but considering the fact that the dirtbag antis are reading this board, I'm not going to do that. Suffice it to say that I'm happy I don't have to shop somewhere else.
I agree with you. I wouldn't post the name either. No point in putting a pin on the map that someone will focus on to pressure the store. Sometimes the best cover in the world is to look "almost" like everyone else and not draw attention. Safety in numbers?

Don't put an identifying mark on the store. Shop them and be happy; shop them often.
Tell them you like the store just the way it is - no point in going further as to why.
Best of luck on keeping the store just the way you like it.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Did you open carry in this store? Did you see anyone else open carry? That's probably when they will start considering posting a sign if they are going to.
Well in a few months collage concealed carry will start and take the spotlight off of open carry. :lol:

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Has anyone ever thought that stores put up non-compliance signs on purpose? It keeps the anti's happy and the less educated CHL holders out of the store.

I'm not saying this happens 100% of the time but it could happen
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Has anyone ever thought that stores put up non-compliance signs on purpose? It keeps the anti's happy and the less educated CHL holders out of the store.

I'm not saying this happens 100% of the time but it could happen
I wouldn't it think it widespread....but certainly 'plausible'. The trouble with non-compliant signs is that you don't truly know the intent of the business until you've walked past one and been given notice, for exactly the reason you cited.

Its just going to take time and an educational process to sort it all out.

For now....we really don't know what percentage of businesses are posting signs (compliant or not) and for what reasons.

Some of the possibilities:

1. Insurance reasons
2. Personal view of firearms
3. NEVER gave it a thought before
4. Others businesses seem to be doing it.
5. Pressure from certain groups or individuals
6. Was misinformed of/or misunderstood the requirements
7. Understands the law and requirements and simply chooses to post
8. Purposely posts non-compliant sign to appease both sides

Who knows? We will simply have to see where it goes and do our best to get our message out there. How much better it might have been had we (pro-gun proponents) done more to prepare everyone. I know there were some efforts...but apparently it was lacking. So now we must go to work.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”