Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Unposted Blood Donation?

Post by chasfm11 »

C-dub wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:I always go to the mobile unit at the Dallas gun show. Benighted the Scottish Rite Hospital. I work the SR booth to get people to donate. It will also get you free admission to the show
I searched the calendars and could find no dates for a gun show in Dallas. I'm anxious to make a blood donation if someone can share a date to do it.
Free admission to the gun show is way better than a t-shirt.
Kind of ironic if they setup to collect blood at a gun show after recently posting .06 and .07 signs at all of their fixed sites, isn't it? :lol:
Such is the Liberal way of thinking. Probably the most ironic part of this is that they are making their stores "safer for our customers and employees" by banning the safest group of Texas citizens. I'm still amazed at the 2014 statistics where the number of licenses increased by 200,000 and the crime rate among license holders continued to improve versus the general population. Sure, let's make everything safer by keeping the ones that have a proven record of being 22 times better. SMH. Their advertising pleads the worthy cases of the many people who need blood - until their politics gets in the way.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Post by C-dub »

chasfm11 wrote:
C-dub wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:I always go to the mobile unit at the Dallas gun show. Benighted the Scottish Rite Hospital. I work the SR booth to get people to donate. It will also get you free admission to the show
I searched the calendars and could find no dates for a gun show in Dallas. I'm anxious to make a blood donation if someone can share a date to do it.
Free admission to the gun show is way better than a t-shirt.
Kind of ironic if they setup to collect blood at a gun show after recently posting .06 and .07 signs at all of their fixed sites, isn't it? :lol:
Such is the Liberal way of thinking. Probably the most ironic part of this is that they are making their stores "safer for our customers and employees" by banning the safest group of Texas citizens. I'm still amazed at the 2014 statistics where the number of licenses increased by 200,000 and the crime rate among license holders continued to improve versus the general population. Sure, let's make everything safer by keeping the ones that have a proven record of being 22 times better. SMH. Their advertising pleads the worthy cases of the many people who need blood - until their politics gets in the way.
It is politics some, but they also think it is a safety factor. There is a number of people that faint after donating and they are afraid that something will happen and the gun will fall out and discharge or that when the person regains consciousness they might be confused and pull their gun out and hurt someone. If this were really a valid issue they wouldn't allow LEOs to donate while armed. They actually tried to restrict LEOs from donating while armed and they threw a fit and Carter backed off.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rotor »

I would treat this like any other business. They want your dollars (blood) they take their signs down. Stop looking at this as a lifesaving product. Every business is a lifesaving deal, their employees can't live without a job, etc. If you want to sell your blood for free at a posted location, your business but if you want to change their philosophy you either drive your point home by not supporting them or you succumb to your "goodwill" feelings. Plenty of liberals out there can take your place. Lots of mad mothers can donate some blood.

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I thought this was interesting.

Yes, the incident started outside of normal hours since this store is not open on Mondays and doesn't have normal hours any day after 8pm. But it does make the point that this particular store, which is the one that I walked away from after they posted a 30.06 sign, was the target for an attack

http://www.lewisvilletexan.com/xoops/mo ... d=4247&u=2
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Post by C-dub »

I saw this on the news this morning and wondered what the connection is. The news report said that staff had no idea who the man is. That doesn't mean much. This is very sad news for that man's family and bad news for Carter BloodCare. Carter BloodCare, with their anti-gun policies and the posting of both .06 and .07 signs has been thrust into the news in a negative light. There is a high probability that there will be a connection and reason why this location was chosen, but we may never know what that connection is. Some people will point to their anti-gun policies and that their signs did nothing to prevent this and that it could have been much worse if this donor center were open and people were there. That is actually the one bright spot in this horrible tragedy, that no one else was hurt.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Loop4fun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Loop4fun »

I donated a few days ago at N. Preston location. I told the supervisor it would likely be my last donation as long as they had the 30.06 sign posted. The techs encouraged me to complain. Their donations have dropped have been off slightly since the sign was posted. (maybe for other reasons)

I left an email with Carter, but have had no response.

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Loop4fun wrote:I donated a few days ago at N. Preston location. I told the supervisor it would likely be my last donation as long as they had the 30.06 sign posted. The techs encouraged me to complain. Their donations have dropped have been off slightly since the sign was posted. (maybe for other reasons)

I left an email with Carter, but have had no response.
The staff urged me to complain, too. I wrote emails and even sent a hardcopy letter. I received no response. I asked to be taken off of their contact lists and the phone calls have stopped but I still get an occasional email. I respond to everyone that I'd happily start donating again - when the 30.06 sign comes down. I don't have an issue in that environment with the 30.07 sign.

I predict that, no matter how much their donations drop off, they will never change their policy. Like Sprout's Farmers Market, they would go out of business before compromising.
Dum Spiro, Spero

XnTx

Post by XnTx »

I gave yesterday at a mobile unit at work. I can't carry at work, but I did look for signs and saw none.
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Carter Bloodcare has recently started contacting me with emails several times a week. I respond to every one of those emails, politely telling them that I was a maximum donor for many years and will be again when the signs come down. Of course, there is no response.
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote:Carter Bloodcare has recently started contacting me with emails several times a week. I respond to every one of those emails, politely telling them that I was a maximum donor for many years and will be again when the signs come down. Of course, there is no response.
Personally, I would have no problem at all contacting corporate and demanding that my email address be removed from their mailing list. They don't have an automatic right to contact you if you don't want to be contacted. Their emails are required by law to have unsubscribe links in them. I'd use them, since they are obviously never going to change. I had to do that with GRACE (Grapevine Relief and Community Exchange) ministries after they posted both 06 and 07 signs. I had a respectful but regretful email exchange with the director, whom I know personally, saying that I would no longer make donations to that ministry until they took down the 30.06 sign. I said that I could understand why they might want to post 30.07, and would not object to leaving it in place, but that as long as they would no longer allow me in with a concealed weapon - after having carried one in there for years as I both made donations AND patronized their store - then I would no longer participate in what they do.

She said that she regretted losing my support, and wished me the best in my future endeavors.......end of conversation.

You're right......they're not going to change. Cut 'em loose. You've donated enough blood to save your entire family and a few friends in an emergency.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

XnTx wrote:I gave yesterday at a mobile unit at work. I can't carry at work, but I did look for signs and saw none.
I agree, cut em loose. I wouldnt donate to a mobile unit either, even with no signs, just my opinion. Thats still supporting them. But thats just me.
Just some guy's opinion.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”