Glock 19 poll.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 7

Glock 19 poll.

Post by cmgee67 »

I carry my Glock 19 in a crossbreed super tuck daily and was curious who else does the same thing?

Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock 19 poll.

Post by Lena »

same size gun I carry a G 32 a lot in a Minute Man holster, when I did carry my 19 it was in the same holster
Stay Safe

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I use a BlackHawk Serpa Sportster Paddle Holster.
Ron
NRA Member

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

I won't call it every day--I sometimes rotate guns, but I very frequently carry either a G22 or G23 (Same size as G17 & G19, respectively) in either Rosen OWB or Sparks Summer Special IWB holsters.

Strangely enough, I'm *not* a Glock guy. I just can't find any reason to dislike them...I can always find gear for them, parts are easy enough to replace as necessary, and God forbid I actually have to USE one, I won't get my feelings hurt when it goes to an evidence locker for a while.

Can't say the same about my beloved 1911's (at least the part about not getting my feelings hurt if it has to go into "timeout")

Oh, and if they get a little beat up in the holster while I crawl around under a car or something, no harm no foul.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

I carry a Glock 23 which is the same size. I use a galco kingtuk. I picked the holster up at Gander Mountain because it was there. A cross breed was my original choice but I became inpatient and didn't want to wait for one I was gonna order online. The galco fit me well so I stuck with it.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I had the King tuk but got
Rid of it to get the super tuck and I promise it's a way nicer holster than the galco and more comfortable. The belt clips are strong and not flimsy and the retention is perfect. I'm not a Glock fanboy but I do like them. I carry Glock because they work. They do what they are intended to do every time I pick mine up. I do love 1911's but I was told always carry the gun you will always have on you and to me that's the 19. I know a buddy who has a nice 1911 that does not carry it because it's too heavy. That could partially be solved with the right holster and belt but he always says if that gun wasn't so heavy. I have gotten to the point now if I don't have my gun on me I feel naked

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

cmgee67 wrote:I carry my Glock 19 in a crossbreed super tuck daily and was curious who else does the same thing?
I have the same setup. I normally pocket carry a Kahr PM9, but do love to carry the 19 IWB with that configuration.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Cjwglock19

Post by Cjwglock19 »

Blackhawk ARC or Raven concealment phantom owb
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

Bill

Post by Bill »

I carry my 19 in a comp-tac OWB, 17 in a Hoffner OWB, 23 in a IWB Comp-tac and a fannypack, I also carry a Khar, and SW Shield, though not to crazy about these. I prefer my Glock MOA.
Bill
retired CHL Instructor

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I see a lot of guys owb now. I wonder if that's just becaus wig OC. I have done it a few times but I like concealed so much better. But OC is kinda fun. I have tried owb for a few days but I just couldn't get the hang of it

Bryanmc

Post by Bryanmc »

Glock 19 in a White Hat Holsters max tuck.

shb972

Post by shb972 »

+1 for the White Hat IWB combat cut.

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

rtschl wrote:I use a BlackHawk Serpa Sportster Paddle Holster.
Likewise. OC or CC
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I finally broke down and switched form my 17 to a 19 for daily carry. I have an interesting setup.

I got a Raven Phantom holster and single mag carrier, got the "pancake wings" and mounted them. This gives it a close fit and keeps a constant curve on the front and back. I then got an under belt from Blackhawk with a velcro closure. I put the holster and a spare mag carrier on and then tuck in my shirt, and pull my pants up over everything. Tucked holster and spare mag without one single thing having to clip up on to the belt. No clips visible, nothing. I can come home and take my slacks off and put on a pair of basketball shorts or sweat pants and I still have a G19 and a spare 17 mag on me with no gun belt required.

Hides perfectly under slacks and a polo.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

SoloXCRacer

Post by SoloXCRacer »

I carry my Glock 19 in a Stealth Gear Onyx IWB or a Stealth Gear Flex OWB. Been happy with those offerings.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”