Music Hall at Fair Park 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
timdsmith72
Posts in topic: 2

Music Hall at Fair Park 30.06

Post by timdsmith72 »

Got a notification on texas3006.com about a 30.06 sign going up at the Music Hall.
Didn't we already fight the Fair Park battle? Is the Music Hall owned by someone else other than the city?

This is very disappointing because the wife and I love to go there for some of their plays and that is not an area of town I'll set foot in unarmed.

Bruin98
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Music Hall at Fair Park 30.06

Post by Bruin98 »

Brand new if it is true.

Theres been a gunbuster sign on the far right of the main entrance forever but no wording.

We are dsm season ticket holders but gave away our feb tickets.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I also saw that notice. IIRC, the person that posted it speculated at its legitimacy due to being on city owned land. It should not be enforceable.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasTornado »

C-dub wrote:I also saw that notice. IIRC, the person that posted it speculated at its legitimacy due to being on city owned land. It should not be enforceable.
Only thing I can think of is if it's operated by an independent organization we may be looking at the Zoo issue all over again.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

TexasTornado wrote:
C-dub wrote:I also saw that notice. IIRC, the person that posted it speculated at its legitimacy due to being on city owned land. It should not be enforceable.
Only thing I can think of is if it's operated by an independent organization we may be looking at the Zoo issue all over again.
They tried to pull that junk with Fair Park itself. They tried to pull it by saying that was Platinum Security's policy to document licensee information. None of it flew. This is the same sorry attempt that will ultimately fail. The whole thing is on city owned property.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

I dont head out there again until late March. If anybody is out there anytime soon, can you update?

I'm operating under the belief that it's an invalid posting for now.

I'd like to be positive before my end of March trip out that way.

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

Went by there today.

The gun buster sign on the main entrance is gone. You can see the tape/glue where it used to be.

The gun buster sign on the back entrance is still there.

No 30.06/30.07 signage anywhere.

Topic author
timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

Bruin98 wrote:Went by there today.

The gun buster sign on the main entrance is gone. You can see the tape/glue where it used to be.

The gun buster sign on the back entrance is still there.

No 30.06/30.07 signage anywhere.
Very good!! Thanks for reporting back.
:cheers2:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”