Carter Country-Pasadena

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Carter Country-Pasadena

Post by GlassG19 »

WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:My wife was watching ABC 13 news this morning & just came & told me that Carters Country
(S. Wilcrest) got their front doors pulled off & were robbed early this morning & you guessed it, they stole a bunch of guns. How stupid can they get,,, :headscratch ,, never mind,,, they can get pretty darn stupid. They will catch them!
I hope they do & recover ALL weapons.
I just saw that. The story said that there were 10 men involved!
I imagine they could grab quite a few guns in just a few minutes.
They said the same store had been burglarized two months ago and no one had been caught.

http://abc13.com/news/thieves-rip-off-g ... s/1225291/
You'd think that they would lock'em up even better this time. Live & learn. I'm betting the Police have 5-10 detectives working these cases by now, that's a whole lot of guns out on the street that the BAD GUYS got now & intentions I'm sure aren't good.
I'm a firm believer that they all will get caught by ratting each other out eventually.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

WildBill
Posts in topic: 11

Post by WildBill »

GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:My wife was watching ABC 13 news this morning & just came & told me that Carters Country
(S. Wilcrest) got their front doors pulled off & were robbed early this morning & you guessed it, they stole a bunch of guns. How stupid can they get,,, :headscratch ,, never mind,,, they can get pretty darn stupid. They will catch them!
They said the same store had been burglarized two months ago and no one had been caught.

You'd think that they would lock'em up even better this time. Live & learn. I'm betting the Police have 5-10 detectives working these cases by now, that's a whole lot of guns out on the street that the BAD GUYS got now & intentions I'm sure aren't good.
I'm a firm believer that they all will get caught by ratting each other out eventually.
:iagree: It's pretty hard to keep ten crooks quiet about something like this.

BTW I don't think that their sign had anything to do with the theft. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

:tiphat: :iagree:
WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

:iagree:
:tiphat:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

With Fast and Furious exposed and shutdown these guys have to revert to the old ways. :evil2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I think the sign probably helped to minimize the number of guns taken. It had to slow the BG's down a bit while they locked all of the slides open before carrying the guns out of the store.....

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I think the sign probably helped to minimize the number of guns taken. It had to slow the BG's down a bit while they locked all of the slides open before carrying the guns out of the store.....
"rlol"
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Pariah3j wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

"rlol"
:smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I visited Carter's Country again today to ask about their sign. It doesn't apply to CC. The fellow I spoke to said they have never worried about CC. They have always asked patrons have weapons in a safe state when entering the store via signage. I gathered by my conversation with him that there is concern regarding OC weapons based on some experiences. I will not relay his comments. I don't know if all Carter's locations have this same sign and I forgot to ask him. This is my last post in this thread.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:I visited Carter's Country again today to ask about their sign. It doesn't apply to CC. The fellow I spoke to said they have never worried about CC. They have always asked patrons have weapons in a safe state when entering the store via signage. I gathered by my conversation with him that there is concern regarding OC weapons based on some experiences. I will not relay his comments. I don't know if all Carter's locations have this same sign and I forgot to ask him. This is my last post in this thread.
Again, thanks for the update puma guy. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Police have made arrests in Carter Country robbery. :anamatedbanana

HOUSTON - The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms confirmed to Channel 2 that authorities have made multiple arrests in the smash-and grab robbery at a gun store in southwest Houston.

Federal charges are expected to be filed as the investigation continues.

Authorities released surveillance video showing around 10 people they say stole dozens of weapons around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday at Carter's Country Guns and Ammo in the 11000 block of South Wilcrest Drive.

According to police, several people tied chains to a black Ford F-250, and pulled the metal covered glass doors off its hinges.

Investigators said they went inside the building, ransacked the store and caused extensive damage to the business. The suspects used a hammer to break the glass cases that stored the handguns and took several rifles of the rack.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/surve ... rs-country
NRA Endowment Member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

You know, back in the late 1800's they used to lynch cattle rustlers. I think that's appropriate for this.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

WildBill wrote:Police have made arrests in Carter Country robbery. :anamatedbanana

HOUSTON - The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms confirmed to Channel 2 that authorities have made multiple arrests in the smash-and grab robbery at a gun store in southwest Houston.

Federal charges are expected to be filed as the investigation continues.

Authorities released surveillance video showing around 10 people they say stole dozens of weapons around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday at Carter's Country Guns and Ammo in the 11000 block of South Wilcrest Drive.

According to police, several people tied chains to a black Ford F-250, and pulled the metal covered glass doors off its hinges.

Investigators said they went inside the building, ransacked the store and caused extensive damage to the business. The suspects used a hammer to break the glass cases that stored the handguns and took several rifles of the rack.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/surve ... rs-country
That's great news. How many were arrested? I'm hoping that the charges stick & they know what it feels like to be behind bars that they can't yank off or remove. :thumbs2:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

"rlol" "rlol"

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I think the sign probably helped to minimize the number of guns taken. It had to slow the BG's down a bit while they locked all of the slides open before carrying the guns out of the store.....
Not to mention filling out the form 4473s and waiting on all the background checks!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”