Angelina County Prohibits Weapons in Some County Buildings

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Smokey613
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Angelina County Prohibits Weapons in Some County Buildings

Post by Smokey613 »

I did not mean to be cryptic. We both retired from local law enforcement agencies. We both have since returned to active law enforcement employment locally and neither of us desire to draw attention to ourselves on this issue, which BTW, we disagree with.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MeMelYup »

According to the PDF only police officers can carry. This means that the judges or prosecuting attorneys cannot carry.

Topic author
Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

MeMelYup wrote:According to the PDF only police officers can carry. This means that the judges or prosecuting attorneys cannot carry.
There is a provision for exceptions. See highlighted below.

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.

Text of subsection effective until August 01, 2016

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;

(2) on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress;

(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;

(4) on the premises of a racetrack;

(5) in or into a secured area of an airport; or

(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:

(A) going within 1,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed under this subsection was prohibited; or

(B) possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within 1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MeMelYup »

Smokey613 wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:According to the PDF only police officers can carry. This means that the judges or prosecuting attorneys cannot carry.
There is a provision for exceptions. See highlighted below.

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.

Text of subsection effective until August 01, 2016

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;

(2) on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress;

(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;

(4) on the premises of a racetrack;

(5) in or into a secured area of an airport; or

(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:

(A) going within 1,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed under this subsection was prohibited; or

(B) possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within 1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.
If you read their PDF, last page sub paragraph 2. They are making their own rules and saying to the state, up yours.

Topic author
Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

Smokey613 wrote:
Abraham wrote:If I lived in that area, I'd be willing to alert the AG.

I don't live in that area, so which of you will do the necessary AG notification?

Step up please.
I am waiting for someone local to file a complaint on this. Due to mine and my wife's employment it will not be us.
I got word yesterday that a retire police officer has filed a complaint about the restrictions at County Buildings. I will try to gather some more information.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

Smokey613,

I thank you for your service, watchful eyes, and adherence to your oath.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”