Processing not updated

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Isaiah931
Posts in topic: 1

Processing not updated

Post by Isaiah931 »

I sent in my documents through email, received confirmation 12/07/15 that my document were recieved.
12/21/15 I recieved conformation from RSD telling me they recieved my LTC supporting documents. I checked online to see if processing had been done. Never had an update, kept telling me give time to process. Today 2/25/2016, I recieved my LTC in the mail. They surprise me. Checking the status on my application never said anything about it being mailed out. You folks that are waiting will get it soon as well. Be patient. Have a good day.

Smokewagon

Re: Processing not updated

Post by Smokewagon »

I did my renewal online, the 19th of last month. Received my LTC today. I had email confirmation the 19th, but no updates or anything else until it showed up in the mail.
Texas friendly, spoken here.

Bayoutalker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bayoutalker »

My wife and I are still waiting for our LTC. We received an email saying they had received all of our paperwork and to allow 6 weeks. That was on January 21. 6 weeks have come and gone and still nothing. Finally got them on the phone this morning and all they could tell us was it was now 60 days to process. That means 14 more days. In the mean time there has never been any status updates on the website. Something needs to be improved in this process.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

Twist
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Twist »

Isaiah931 wrote:I sent in my documents through email, received confirmation 12/07/15 that my document were recieved.
12/21/15 I recieved conformation from RSD telling me they recieved my LTC supporting documents. I checked online to see if processing had been done. Never had an update, kept telling me give time to process. Today 2/25/2016, I recieved my LTC in the mail. They surprise me. Checking the status on my application never said anything about it being mailed out. You folks that are waiting will get it soon as well. Be patient. Have a good day.
This hasn't been uncommon at all as several people have received their license before the website update. I'm sure it'll update soon as that's where you should report a change of address if you move or report it lost/stolen if that should happen.

Congratulations on the plastic and stay safe!

Twist
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Twist »

Bayoutalker wrote:My wife and I are still waiting for our LTC. We received an email saying they had received all of our paperwork and to allow 6 weeks. That was on January 21. 6 weeks have come and gone and still nothing. Finally got them on the phone this morning and all they could tell us was it was now 60 days to process. That means 14 more days. In the mean time there has never been any status updates on the website. Something needs to be improved in this process.
One thing to keep in mind is that the person you talk to over the phone may not be telling you the entire story. There are cases where they will put you on hold and do some checking but there's also numerous cases where they just ask for the confirmation date and then give a generic response.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone post earlier with a similar timeline to yours where they received plastic today, yet you also have others approaching or over the 90 actual day mark.

Sadly there's almost no way to tell what stage your application is in before the website changes or your plastic actually shows up with no warning, unless you happen to get someone on the phone who will take the time to actually look into it. Just stay patient and practice carrying n the meantime, it will happen. Eventually...

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

That was my purpose in posting our experience. I figured they were just giving us the canned answer. She did however confirm the dates we submitted and the dates they received everything. I understand they are busy. All the more reason they should update the website so you don't have to wait on hold. This morning it was over 50 minutes.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

Bayoutalker wrote:That was my purpose in posting our experience. I figured they were just giving us the canned answer. She did however confirm the dates we submitted and the dates they received everything. I understand they are busy. All the more reason they should update the website so you don't have to wait on hold. This morning it was over 50 minutes.
Yeah..... I wouldn't be too concerned. I have the similar timeline (1/15/16). I called Monday for a status check, and the lady said "your in the final stages of approval. Call back on in 72 hours and we'll be able to confirm approval. Won't be much longer". Got my hopes up, and called back on Thursday, got a gruff, grumpy dude that said "Your stuff is in, hasn't even been looked at yet. Call back in 30 days.... {click}. To totally different answer.....

My take away message...... don't bother calling. You won't get a straight answer. It'll show up when it shows up. Cheers. :cheers2:

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

That's about what I thought. If they are to busy and don't want to be bothered they need to keep the website updated. We have paid them money for the license and we want what we paid for. I don't think it is asking too much for some info. The longer they take the less time we have before renewal (and more money).
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

16Adams

Post by 16Adams »

Count 60 business days from the time you know RDS received all required documents. I know it says 60 Days- I also know RDS does not work nights weekends and holidays. CHL has been around a long time in Texas. The same reason you want yours "NOW" is the same reason thousands of others have swamped the boat. Be patient. Negativity won't get you through the system any quicker.

If you are qualified and survive every nook and cranny the RDS is required to check, your LTC will come.

doncb

Post by doncb »

Be patient. It only seems like it takes forever. The status not changing until everything is done has been that way for a long time. Just before 4 weeks I started checking my status twice a day. Then one morning, it had changed! It was like when I was a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Thought it would never get here. Going to the mailbox was like opening a present. One morning it was like getting a pair of socks. The next time was like opening the best present ever!
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”