Help with letter to request 30.06 sign removal

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Help with letter to request 30.06 sign removal

Post by tomtexan »

I don't see it getting any better than that. Very courteous and to the point. I think you nailed it, especially with the chart of all the other banks names, locations and their stance on both CC and OC. :thumbs2:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Great letter especially since they now know where their business may be going.
Last edited by Jusme on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I think your letter can be the model for other people facing the same problem. :thumbs2:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

Well written!
:thumbs2:
NRA Life Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm no editor.

That said, I love your letter, but I fear it may not be read due to it's length.

I couldn't bear to read it all on this forum - too long.

If you want it to be read do your best to shorten it.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I sent them an email when I saw the new signs at the White Settlement location. I waxed eloquent about how long I had been a member, how many times I had carried concealed into their locations without incident, how I would not have opened an account if they had a 30.06 sign when I first walked in and I recounted the twenty year history of law abiding success on the part of CHLers, and I kindly asked for them to remove at least the 30.06 sign.

They replied back that since their founding, they have always been anti-gun, and that if I had ever walked into a branch that did not already have a 30.06 sign, then that branch was not in compliance with company policy and claimed that every branch has been 30.06 since forever.

The only problem is, not enough of us could pull our accounts to make them care. Even a robbery with members killed in a branch will not make them "see the light" they would just double down on the anti gun craziness.

A bill in 2017 that would make the owner of premises that is posted 06/07 civilly liable for any injury caused by an unlawful assault on an disarmed LTCer on those premises would go a long way. Something like that may make the insurance industry swing the other way, and put riders on policies to the effect that they will not cover such a loss if a sign is posted, or make them pay extra for an umbrella policy to cover it if a sign is posted.

Eventually we will win this thing. It is just going to take time, and we have to keep hammering on how law-abiding we are.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

It's entirely too long. Stick to the following point:

For 20yrs now, Texas has had licensed concealed carry. In those 20yrs, chl holders have caused no problems. The recent advent of licensed open carry only changed the method by which those same law-abiding individuals can legally carry a handgun. Open carry will not cause the arguably most well behaved segment of the population to suddenly become unhinged trouble makers. Your new signs only seek to prohibit people that haven't caused you any trouble. So I respectfully request you consider removing the signs.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

havoc

Post by havoc »

Average Joe, maybe you should send your well written letter and then maybe Texascajun could send his shorter letter as well? Two letters are probably better than one anyway. Best of luck!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:I'm no editor.

That said, I love your letter, but I fear it may not be read due to it's length.

:iagree: Spot on correct.

I haven't had a job in a dozen years, no meetings to attend nor windmills to joust; however, I'm way to busy to wade through that. No offense intended. Make it short and to the point.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:
Abraham wrote:I'm no editor.

:iagree: Spot on correct.

I haven't had a job in a dozen years, no meetings to attend nor windmills to joust; however, I'm way to busy to wade through that. No offense intended. Make it short and to the point.
:iagree: I am an editor. In my case it's not a matter of being too busy.
No offense to the OP, but I just don't have the desire or patience to wade through such a long discourse.
Obviously the OP spend a lot of time researching and collecting data, but I don't think it helps.

IMO, the best advice from an editor to a writer is - "kill your darlings".
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”