The Medical Advisory Board...Are you kidding me?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dorevaha
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Medical Advisory Board...Are you kidding me?

Post by dorevaha »

Public Health & Prevention Technician III
Facility Licensing Group/Medical Advisory Board
Texas Department of State Health Services
PO Box 149347
Austin, Texas 78714
512-834-6739

Topic author
Surgeon
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Surgeon »

GlassG19 wrote:
Surgeon wrote:The Back Story:
I completed my course, training and sent in my application paperwork and fees on December 19, 2015. I made note about being treated for "Anxiety" about 8 years ago in anticipation to a job layoff. I went to a Dr. and he prescribed a 30 day supply of Xanax (Alprazolam) as needed for anxiety. Three pills later and tossed the bottle and found another job. Please NOTE: (I made no attempt to hide anything and was being as honest as I possibly could).

I got a letter from TX Dept. of Public Safety, dated February 24, 2016, letting me know that my application is being "forwarded to the Medical Advisory Board for their evaluation"

On the letter it lists : Authority to perform this review is in accordance with the Texas Handgun Law, Government Code, Chapter 411, Sub-chapter H, and the Health and Safety Code, Title 2, Subtitle A, Chapter 12, Sub chapter H. " Due to a self reported medical or abuse problem or information involving a medical problem which has surfaced during our routine background investigation, it is necessary to forward a copy of your application to the Medical Advisory Board for their evaluation". If further information is required, other than what has been submitted at time of application, the Medical Advisory Board will be in contact with you.

My question: Are-You-Kidding-ME ? Eight Years ago and some Doctor "PRESCRIBED" XANAX ????? Okay that really wasn't my question that was just me reacting in a state of utter disbelief.
So, what in the wild world of sports happens now? Psych test or eval ? For what its worth I'm a professional pharmaceutical sales & medical sales rep. for Pete's sake and this line of wording makes it appear that I'm a junkie, pill pusher or substance abuser.
And of course I've called about a dozen times with no getting through. :banghead:

Any suggestions? Oh and please don't tell me I should have omitted that part on my application.

Ummm, I think you did the right thing,, except list a type of Dr. you went to visit & the type of meds & for what purpose. Other than that you did good. From what I've read and many others interputation from reading the laws, that if haven't been diognosed to be blind, crippled, or crazy, or aren't a dope head or dope slinger or a mass murder or in & out of hospitals for BiPolor & any sort, then I wouldn't have wrote the Xanax down. Are you any of the above? NOPE, then you know the rest of the sentence.
No worries though, it will come in about 4-6 months.
Please keep us posted.
Best luck to ya!
I keep you posted.
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

Topic author
Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

Thursday, August 4, 2016.

My plastic finally arrived in the mail this afternoon. Submitted on December 19, 2015. ( 6 months and 15 days ) That's all I'm going to say.

And a very special thanks to "dorevaha" for pointing me in the right direction with the Medical Advisory Board.
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DocV »

:thewave
Congratulations on your new plastic!

Topic author
Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

DocV wrote::thewave
Congratulations on your new plastic!

:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Topic author
Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

AndyC wrote:
Surgeon wrote:My plastic finally arrived in the mail this afternoon.
What a mission! :cheers2:
:iagree:

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pushpullpete »

:woohoo Congratulations Surgeon !!

As cb1000rider said you did the right thing and have now received your reward. Be safe. :tiphat:

:txflag: :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”