Carrying in car with kids interpretation?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carrying in car with kids interpretation?

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

RedRaiderCHL wrote:If the weapon is under your immediate control (within wingspan, or on your person) then it doesn't matter. If however, you leave a firearm available in the vehicle with a child under 18, say for instance if you step out of the car for a moment and the child stays in the car, you could be charged criminally. if you have a CHL I would just keep it on your person.
This is a very real issue and something you need to think about at all time. Driving is the easy part.

Stop to get gas? Put the gun on your person when you step out of the car.

Sitting at home and your kid remembers he left something in the car? Remember that you can't just give him the key and have him grab it (since you have a gun in the car).

Get stopped by a LEO and he tells you to step out of the car? Better make sure that you choose your words and actions very carefully at that point.

Carrying a gun, and having kids, are both huge responsibilities.

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Carrying in car with kids interpretation?

Post by joe817 »

My friends, let's step back for a moment. ALL of our responses have sent the same message: a dumb idea. We are all in agreement...for a change. :lol:

Please note that was the one and only post that txkyte has posted since March 9. I think we've given him/her enough time to respond. Enough said(read between the lines, please). :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”