Would I have been within my rights if...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Solaris
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Would I have been within my rights if...

Post by Solaris »

One word: "De-Escalate".

lildave40
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lildave40 »

SewTexas wrote:Since I'm the woman, I'm going to be brutally honest with you...

think about why you got your CHL in the first place.....
you got it to protect yourself and your family --- your wife, your mother-in-law. By chasing those cars you put them in danger. If I were your wife I would have been terrified and angry at you
and....
I would have lost a little be of trust in you, that you were my protector.

BOOM! Worded perfectly.

Topic author
fast86gn
Posts in topic: 10

Post by fast86gn »

lildave40 wrote:

you got it to protect yourself and your family --- your wife, your mother-in-law. By chasing those cars you put them in danger. If I were your wife I would have been terrified and angry at you
and....

BOOM! Worded perfectly.

Did you not read my first post? I did no chasing... I did not stop this is true I felt stopping was as bad as chasing and I did neither!

I stayed way far back and in a different lane I wasn't the one looking for confrontation they were.
David

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

fast86gn wrote:
lildave40 wrote:

and....

BOOM! Worded perfectly.

Did you not read my first post? I did no chasing... I did not stop this is true I felt stopping was as bad as chasing and I did neither!

I stayed way far back and in a different lane I wasn't the one looking for confrontation they were.
reading comprehension isn't a requirment for posting "rlol" :banghead:
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

fast86gn wrote:
lildave40 wrote:

and....

BOOM! Worded perfectly.

Oh yes I read the original posting. The whole time I read it I kept thinking was. where was your exit? Your Uturn? Why did you feel threatened? Did they pull a gun on you? How did you try to deescalate it? Why Continue behind them? Where was your situational awareness? As for having you gun pulled. BAD BAD BAD!!!!!! NEVER PULL YOUR GUN UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT! That alone raises a red flag for me. What if one of there friends was on the side of the road and saw you pull it? I mean your in your car with a mean of escape. Now your behind them and lets not say chasing but following them WITH YOUR GUN OUT. All it would have taken one one phone call to the police. I can hear it already "hey 911 we were eating with some friends and leaving my friends almost got hit by a guy driving fast down the road. Well they sped off and He is now following them with a gun! Now how does it look?

Just saying

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

suthdj wrote: reading comprehension isn't a requirment for posting "rlol" :banghead:
I've been guilty of that myself..

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

lildave40 wrote:
fast86gn wrote:
lildave40 wrote:

and....

BOOM! Worded perfectly.

Oh yes I read the original posting. The whole time I read it I kept thinking was. where was your exit? Your Uturn? Why did you feel threatened? Did they pull a gun on you? How did you try to deescalate it? Why Continue behind them? Where was your situational awareness? As for having you gun pulled. BAD BAD BAD!!!!!! NEVER PULL YOUR GUN UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT! That alone raises a red flag for me. What if one of there friends was on the side of the road and saw you pull it? I mean your in your car with a mean of escape. Now your behind them and lets not say chasing but following them WITH YOUR GUN OUT. All it would have taken one one phone call to the police. I can hear it already "hey 911 we were eating with some friends and leaving my friends almost got hit by a guy driving fast down the road. Well they sped off and He is now following them with a gun! Now how does it look?

Just saying
If by "USE IT" you mean firing it, I disagree with your statement. Should one "USE" their firearms while cleaning or field striping them them at home?

Having a pistol in the low and ready can be something that can save your life. Id consider the low and ready "using" a firearm. Your gun doesn't have to go bang every time it comes out of you holster in public.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Javier730 wrote:[
Having a pistol in the low and ready can be something that can save your life. Id consider the low and ready "using" a firearm. Your gun doesn't have to go bang every time it comes out of you holster in public.
I'd agree with this part. However, I'd also offer up that unless the use of force is justified then it shouldn't be coming out of its holster in public.

PC §9.04. THREATS AS JUSTIFIABLE FORCE. The threat of force is justified when the use of force is justified by this chapter. For purposes of this section, a threat to cause death or serious bodily injury by the production of a weapon or otherwise, as long as the actor’s purpose is limited to creating an apprehension that he will use deadly force if necessary, does not constitute the use of deadly force.

Unless the use of force is justified, or one can more clearly articulate the 'immediate' & 'necessary' of TPC 9.31/9.32 (or the situation meets one of the 'presumed reasonable' clauses), I'd suggest keeping it in its holster.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”