Why it's taking so long?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why it's taking so long?

Post by Jusme »

LabRat wrote:
AndyC wrote:I could be completely off-base, of course - but speaking as a foreigner, it's my theory that if you give a Texan an opportunity to legally show off his/her pistols, they'll do whatever it takes... :lol:
On an anecdotal basis I would agree with you, however I've yet to see an open carrier since January 1st. And I've been looking....
None to be found. Hen's teeth are more readily available.

While this need to show may drive some of the volume, I think it another reason. Rebellion against the Bloomberg, Demanding Whiny Moms and the realization that the government we have now is pretty much lawless. Laws are broken with no justice. And even when justice is demanded by the courts, the government entities (federal, state and local) just ignore the edicts and continue on with business-as-usual.

A sad state of affairs that folks are now beginning to wake up to.

LabRat

:iagree:

I think that some folks are finally beginning to realize that this administration cares nothing about protecting it's citizens at home or abroad, and that if they want protection, they have to get it for themselves. I also believe that the recent media attention regarding the backlash against any loosening of the gun laws has made people realize that these left wing folks are definitely coming for our guns, and want to disarm as many law abiding citizens as possible. I want a seat at the 1 million LTC party. I'll bring my own lawn chair if I need to. :cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Haas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Haas »

Why I'm getting my LTC, let me count,

1. I have a family, it's my job to do what's needed to keep them safe. From avoiding area to stay out of trouble to being able to shoot back if trouble finds me.

2. The current political/perception climate. I don't mind being a number to prove a positive point and being in a demographic with a crime rate of .234 conviction rate (2014) isn't bad at all.

3. Chattanooga, San Bernadion, and the like, God bless the police officers in this country but they can't be everywhere and the nut jobs are.

4. At work I'm around cash and spend an hour or two here on my own. With some of our customers being of questionable background the owners and boss say if I'm licensed I'm ok to carry at work.

5. Bypassing the NICS line. This would the only reason I don't mind getting my permission slip from the state.

Think that's about it. Open carry didn't make getting my LTC a priority but it was a reminder that I needed to get it done.
:txflag: I love this place

LabRat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LabRat »

AndyC wrote:
LabRat wrote:
AndyC wrote:I could be completely off-base, of course - but speaking as a foreigner, it's my theory that if you give a Texan an opportunity to legally show off his/her pistols, they'll do whatever it takes... :lol:
On an anecdotal basis I would agree with you, however I've yet to see an open carrier since January 1st. And I've been looking....
None to be found. Hen's teeth are more readily available.
Me either but that's besides the point.
I hadn't really expected to offer a follow up response, but felt compelled given your last entry.
I struggled to understand your attempt at humor,offered a potential point of agreement and a different viewpoint on the OPs thread premise of longer wait times to obtain LTCs from DPS.

The longer wait times and surge in LTC is apparently not based on an exaggerated tendency to show off pistols, given there's no evidence of such actions occurring at least in the public realm, where an LTC is required to open carry. (if that's how one might "show off their pistols" as I inferred from your posting.) LTC is not required for private showing...so that's not the cause either.

I'll stand on my original offering, as stated.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

LabRat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LabRat »

AndyC wrote:No, you probably don't get my humour - doesn't matter. I figured saying out loud what many think might irk some sensitive folks and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

And I'll stand on mine, part of my evidence being the huge amount of interest/chatter/excitement displayed in this forum and elsewhere with regard to OC before Jan 1st and I can only imagine that extends to the general public out there who are not even forum-members - or so my own casual ad-hoc surveys showed me, and your bold assertion of "there's no evidence of such actions occurring at least in the public realm" is flatly not true.

Whether people actually DO end up carrying OC - or not, as seems to be the current popular (yet not exclusive) option - doesn't, to my mind, negate my wry theory. As I said, I might be wrong - and guess what? It really - doesn't - matter ;-)
Thanks for your response. Although you've seemingly wandered off your original point, when you've figured out the specifics of what makes my statement "flatly untrue", I'll take a look. I would think my observations are as valid as your own, but who could know?

I suppose my struggle with your humor attempt is now clear to me. It really wasn't humor as you so casually state.
I suppose that's why I just didn't get it in the first place.

And you're right....in the end it means nothing - absolutely nothing.

Good luck.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”