Randolph Brooks Removing 30.07?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Randolph Brooks Removing 30.07?

Post by ELB »

Finally remembered to look when I drove by the RBFCU on Court Street in Seguin, and there are no 30.06/30.07 signs on the outside front (only) doors leading into the lobby. I didn't go inside.
USAF 1982-2005

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

I was at the Frisco location Saturday to close on an auto loan. Unfortunately, they still have a very prominent 30.07 in the front window. Since I was OC'ing, I had to leave my primary sidearm in the car. Thankfully, I had my BUG with me, and it was concealed. ;-) (Before anyone says I should've just covered my gun up - I thought about that but didn't feel comfortable with it. I was wearing a t-shirt w/ no jacket, and that's not enough to conceal this particular gun.)

I happened to be in the area on Sunday, so I checked the Plano branch. It's also still posted.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

bdr518 wrote:I noticed the same thing in Pflugerville. I asked the manager about it they told me that they only needed to have the sign up for a certain period of time and that it is still illegal and would result in a trespassing charge. When I stated that that is not how the law is worded I was told "We have a legal department" :lol:
My response would have been "you're not getting your money's worth out of them".
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

The Plano branch (at DNT and PGBT) used to be posted 30.07, but the sign is no longer there. Another win for the good guys!

ETA: I drove by the Frisco/Preston Rd. branch on the way to church this morning. Their sign has been removed as well.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TrueFlog wrote:I was at the Frisco location Saturday to close on an auto loan. Unfortunately, they still have a very prominent 30.07 in the front window. Since I was OC'ing, I had to leave my primary sidearm in the car. Thankfully, I had my BUG with me, and it was concealed. ;-) (Before anyone says I should've just covered my gun up - I thought about that but didn't feel comfortable with it. I was wearing a t-shirt w/ no jacket, and that's not enough to conceal this particular gun.)

I happened to be in the area on Sunday, so I checked the Plano branch. It's also still posted.
Your T-shirt didn't even cover the butt of the gun? With most holsters there isn't a whole lot of gun exposed so the shirt wouldn't have to be very long.

When I encounter a 30.07 and I decide to go in, I definitely don't worry about printing or exposed holsters (if I would otherwise by OC'ing). On the rare occasion where I have walked into a 30.06 and 30.07 posted place, I have sported an empty holster and full mag pouch. My way of silent protest at the stupidity of the owners.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”