Galveston County Fair and Rodeo

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jeff Barriault
Posts in topic: 1

Galveston County Fair and Rodeo

Post by Jeff Barriault »

Got some free tickets to the Galveston County Fair. Arrived to find 30.06 and 30.07 signs at the entrance. Stuff like this just frustrates me to no end. And now my wife is irritated at me for going back home and not just leaving my gun in the truck. I can't win!

I'm still waiting to hear back on the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo complaint I filed. The Galveston Fair ends tomorrow, so I'm struggling to figure out how to file a complaint given that I have to file a complaint with the county first and give them three days to remove the sign before filing a complaint with the AG.

Do I file a complaint with Mark Henry, who has removed every sign I've brought to his attention so far? Thinking I might go ahead and see what he has to say about this one.

Smokey613

Re: Galveston County Fair and Rodeo

Post by Smokey613 »

My wife and I have turned into almost "rabid" 2A people. We are both commissioned Texas Peace Officers and as such are exempt from most carry restrictions in Texas. We refuse to patronize places that seek to curtail our 2A rights. We are especially miffed how the various government entities can arbitrarily nullify a constitional right without providing sufficient replacement for our loss of personal security due to their restrictions. Even then, we occasionally make exceptions to our values to enjoy some venues. A case in point is a planned trip to Bergstrom AFB for an airshow. Now we get the whole federal military installation thing and have no issues with the restrictions, I mean we know how safe our military bases are (Insert Sarcasm) but we are going with another couple whom one has served 14 years with the Air Force and is a Texas LTC holder. When I brought up the issue with no firearms on base and having to travel over a hundred miles without a firearm just so we could attend the airshow never entered into their thought process. We on the other hand, having never served in our military, but having almost 60 years in law enforcement between us are used to always being armed. We made the decision to park off base and catch a ride onto base utilizing the local public transportation and leave our handguns in our vehicle. We made the same decisions the two times we went on cruises with Carnival and Princess cruise lines.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

ELB

Re: Galveston County Fair and Rodeo

Post by ELB »

Jeff Barriault wrote: ...
Do I file a complaint with Mark Henry, who has removed every sign I've brought to his attention so far? Thinking I might go ahead and see what he has to say about this one.
Make a complaint and file a copy with Mr. Cotton at the Texasfirearmscoalition website. At least he will have another arrow in the quiver for addressing these short term bans.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”