Barnes & Noble Woodlands Mall 3006 sign?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tacomaman
Posts in topic: 3

Barnes & Noble Woodlands Mall 3006 sign?

Post by Tacomaman »

Hello,
I did a search on 3006.com for information about posted signage at the Barnes & Noble in the Woodlands but found nothing listed. I was surprised that there were no Barnes & Noble store listed. Looking for someone who has actually been to that bookstore. The address is 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr. #3008, The Woodlands, Tx. From the pictures the store appears to be a stand alone business.
I wanted to attend an event but would like to be 110% sure there is no 3006.com signage.
Appreciate any feedback.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Barnes & Noble Woodlands Mall 3006 sign?

Post by crazy2medic »

You might have to do a recon mission, drive by the front of the store and look
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

None of the B&N that I have been to have been posted 30.06 or 30.07.

Topic author
Tacomaman

Post by Tacomaman »

crazy2medic wrote:You might have to do a recon mission, drive by the front of the store and look
Good idea, except it would be a 80 round trip recon.

Topic author
Tacomaman

Post by Tacomaman »

Papa_Tiger wrote:None of the B&N that I have been to have been posted 30.06 or 30.07.
I have not seen anything in any of the stores I have been in either. Sorta surprising they don't have any signage posted.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

Tacomaman wrote:
Papa_Tiger wrote:None of the B&N that I have been to have been posted 30.06 or 30.07.
I have not seen anything in any of the stores I have been in either. Sorta surprising they don't have any signage posted.
Why is that surprising? It's just a bookstore. Why would they be more likely to post than any other retail establishment?

I'm not being a jerk; I'm just curious as to your reasoning. :confused5
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cbunt1 »

It's been a few years since I've been in that store but it was never posted in the past.

None of the B&N stores I've been in since the first of the year are posted.

I'd say you're fine. If it suddenly got a posting this year, with all the attention to places that suddenly posted, I'm confident we would have heard about it by now.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

B&N per se, does not post in my experience. I took a look at the Woodlands B&N using google maps street view, and it is a free standing building with it's own entrance. I was concerned that it might be INSIDE the mall, but that's not the case.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Velocity

Post by Velocity »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:B&N per se, does not post in my experience. I took a look at the Woodlands B&N using google maps street view, and it is a free standing building with it's own entrance. I was concerned that it might be INSIDE the mall, but that's not the case.
Is your concern with it potentially being inside the mall just with the "inside the mall" part, or concerns about the mall being posted. I've been to the Woodlands Mall plenty of times and never seen a 30.06 sign. Has something changed?
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Velocity wrote: Is your concern with it potentially being inside the mall just with the "inside the mall" part, or concerns about the mall being posted. I've been to the Woodlands Mall plenty of times and never seen a 30.06 sign. Has something changed?
Would be concerned with it being inside the mall premise, if the mall was posted. I'm 350 miles away, hence using Google Maps street view, which tells me zip about wether the mall is posted. But GM does tell me that B&N is not "in" the mall, so the OP is probably OK to carry in B&N reguardless of mall policy. I see by net search that Woodlands is a GGP Malls property, and is outside city limits. The GGP website, in the 'Code of Conduct' section states "No firearms or illegal weapons", which leads me to suspect that as in Simon Malls even if they don't post they are still NOT ltc-friendly and will give verbal notification if they see anything........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
Velocity wrote: Is your concern with it potentially being inside the mall just with the "inside the mall" part, or concerns about the mall being posted. I've been to the Woodlands Mall plenty of times and never seen a 30.06 sign. Has something changed?
Would be concerned with it being inside the mall premise, if the mall was posted. I'm 350 miles away, hence using Google Maps street view, which tells me zip about wether the mall is posted. But GM does tell me that B&N is not "in" the mall, so the OP is probably OK to carry in B&N reguardless of mall policy. I see by net search that Woodlands is a GGP Malls property, and is outside city limits. The GGP website, in the 'Code of Conduct' section states "No firearms or illegal weapons", which leads me to suspect that as in Simon Malls even if they don't post they are still NOT ltc-friendly and will give verbal notification if they see anything........
I have carried in The Woodlands Mall more times than I care to count. I have never seen any 30.06 signs, enforceable or not. That said, I haven't been there in 2016 at all.

I have not seen a posting at The Houston Galleria either, a fact which is mostly unrelated, except that it is also a Simon mall. I have carried in the Galleria on a nearly daily basis in the past, and while "concealed is concealed," I've never been outed there.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

I have been in the mall this year. There wasn't any signs on doors I have been through, which includes the ones that take you outside to BN. We didn't go into BN on the last trip but I do think I have carried there in the past.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

For what it's worth, the GGP malls up in North Texas only have gun buster signs from what I've seen, no enforceable 30.06 or 30.07 signs, which is 100% fine by me. I've never seen a B&N posted with anything at all, in a mall or otherwise.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”