Need suggestion on how to proceed

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

treeman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need suggestion on how to proceed

Post by treeman »

If I remember correctly, there is a notification to the sheriff in your county of residence and he has an opportunity for "input". I'm guessing some local sheriff's don't put this on "front burner" if this is the case.

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RossA »

That notice to the local sheriff would be news to me. If the sheriff has any information on an applicant, that information should show up on background checks and fingerprint checks that are done as part of the process.
I know that in some states the local chief law enforcement officer has the authority to sign off on an application or not, but Texas specifically rejected such local control over what the legislature decided it would be a state process.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RogueUSMC »

RossA wrote:That notice to the local sheriff would be news to me. If the sheriff has any information on an applicant, that information should show up on background checks and fingerprint checks that are done as part of the process.
I know that in some states the local chief law enforcement officer has the authority to sign off on an application or not, but Texas specifically rejected such local control over what the legislature decided it would be a state process.
Correct. CLEO is notifide when you are issued the license but has no involvement until that point.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”