Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

AG Opinion Requested: Minors at Community College

Post by ELB »

RQ-0109-KP
Received: Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Re: Authority of a junior or community college to prohibit the carrying of handguns in classrooms or other areas where minors attend class or are routinely present
Requestor: The Honorable Abel Herrero
Chair, Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence
Post Office Box 2910
Austin, Texas 78768-2910
USAF 1982-2005

locke_n_load

Re: AG Opinion Requested: Minors at Community College

Post by locke_n_load »

We really need HB308 to pass this year so this junk is dropped immediately.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

locke_n_load wrote:We really need HB308 to pass this year so this junk is dropped immediately.
Exactly right. This is another great example why we need to remove all off-limits areas for LTCs. We are not dealing with honest representatives or local officials. They do not care about the rule of law. They want to control their agencies and entities like they are their private fiefdom. Couple this with the excellent track record posted by CHLs and there's no reason to retain any off-limits areas. There is no safety issue involved and there's no benefit to the public to retain off-limits areas.

I plan to post a proposed bill within the next day or two. We need to start promoting it seriously, not just in response to garbage like Herrero's letter.

Chas.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:We really need HB308 to pass this year so this junk is dropped immediately.
Exactly right. This is another great example why we need to remove all off-limits areas for LTCs. We are not dealing with honest representatives or local officials. They do not care about the rule of law. They want to control their agencies and entities like they are their private fiefdom. Couple this with the excellent track record posted by CHLs and there's no reason to retain any off-limits areas. There is no safety issue involved and there's no benefit to the public to retain off-limits areas.

I plan to post a proposed bill within the next day or two. We need to start promoting it seriously, not just in response to garbage like Herrero's letter.

Chas.
Perhaps in addition to posting the proposed bill, you could give us a sort of form letter we could send to our individual Senators and State Reps urging support?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I'm ready to write my reps and get this going. Where do we need to watch on the forum?!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I have an opinion for him, but I don't think he'll like it. Why does he think it matters if there are minors there?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

C-dub wrote:I have an opinion for him, but I don't think he'll like it. Why does he think it matters if there are minors there?
As I posted in another thread: "Don't you know that the presence of children causes guns to become animated and randomly start shooting anything nearby?" At least that seems to be the line of thinking that many of these little lords seem to be following...

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

This seems like nothing but a veiled attempt to find any excuse to make "gun free zones" without cause anywhere on college campuses to me. Any university or college has field trips, dual credit, etc.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Mr. Cotton I appreciate the work you do for the community. I would like to second the request for a form letter that can be sent to our officials. And the use of the word "fiefdom." Greatness!
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”