Our one and only theater

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Our one and only theater

Post by mojo84 »

AMC Theaters recently purchased Starplex Cinemas. Until recently, the theater only had a 30.07 sign. Was there yesterday and noticed they now have both 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted on the doors.

Here's what really gets me. Prior to the movie they show a little "safety" announcement telling people of we see something suspicious to be sure to alert a theater employee. If someone starts doing something to harm people we were advised to move quickly to the nearest exit and exit the theater as quickly as possible.

I had already surveyed the layout and realized the regular entrance/exit is on the same side of the theater and only about 10 to 15 feet away from the emergency exit. Therefore, someone could walk in and stand between the two exits and it would be almost impossible to get past them unharmed unless everyone just bumrushes the exit and overwhelms the bad guy,

Not real happy about this turn of events and that is the only theater we have in Boerne. Looks like I'll go back to my normal routine of seeing a movie in a theater very rarely.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Our one and only theater

Post by vjallen75 »

Maybe write a letter to the owner and see if they will take down the 30.06

I did that to a half priced books store here in HEB. The signs are still up but I at least voiced my opinion.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

And get as many local carriers that you know to write to them as well.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

What should we expect when short-sighted people in this country sell off American properties to the Chinese?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Theatres
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

mojo84 wrote:AMC Theaters recently purchased Starplex Cinemas. Until recently, the theater only had a 30.07 sign. Was there yesterday and noticed they now have both 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted on the doors.

Here's what really gets me. Prior to the movie they show a little "safety" announcement telling people of we see something suspicious to be sure to alert a theater employee. If someone starts doing something to harm people we were advised to move quickly to the nearest exit and exit the theater as quickly as possible.

I had already surveyed the layout and realized the regular entrance/exit is on the same side of the theater and only about 10 to 15 feet away from the emergency exit. Therefore, someone could walk in and stand between the two exits and it would be almost impossible to get past them unharmed unless everyone just bumrushes the exit and overwhelms the bad guy,

Not real happy about this turn of events and that is the only theater we have in Boerne. Looks like I'll go back to my normal routine of seeing a movie in a theater very rarely.

Now now you know gun free zones saves lives. Also any bad guy must comply to the laws of the land. "sarcasm"

Morbidrealities
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Morbidrealities »

I believe all AMC theatre's have both signs. I don't go to AMC anymore. There is another really nice theatre in my area that serves dinner, has nice recliner seats and only has a 30.07 sign.

I am not advocating breaking the law......but, just use your better judgement.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

No way I'm going to sit in a theater without my firearm, not going to be a sheep getting murdered.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

For that and other reason$, 'our one and only theater' is the 55" Samsung HD-4K TV that we bought a couple weeks ago. Between our DISH HOPPER, NetFlix, Red Box and Amazon, we can see everything that's worth watching in the comfort and security of our modest house within easy reach of the refrigerator, popcorn maker and our equalizers.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote:For that and other reason$, 'our one and only theater' is the 55" Samsung HD-4K TV that we bought a couple weeks ago. Between our DISH HOPPER, NetFlix, Red Box and Amazon, we can see everything that's worth watching in the comfort and security of our modest house within easy reach of the refrigerator, popcorn maker and our equalizers.

That's wonderful. Glad it works just fine for you to not have to deal with going out of the house to see a quality movie. For the most part, I feel the same as you do regarding movie theaters as I've had a high end home theater setup for quite some time now. However, it's also good to be able to get out of the house some and invest time in my daughter by doing things a 14 year old girl enjoys doing. When I was able to carry concealed in our local theater, the cons with regard to $ and distractions to which you allude to were considered a very small investment considering the value of investing time with my daughter doing something she enjoys.

When I get old and have no one else to think about, I may take the same tact as you have. Until then, I'll watch my 60" tv with 7.1 surround sound most of the time and then take my daughter to another theater in which I can carry concealed.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:For that and other reason$, 'our one and only theater' is the 55" Samsung HD-4K TV that we bought a couple weeks ago. Between our DISH HOPPER, NetFlix, Red Box and Amazon, we can see everything that's worth watching in the comfort and security of our modest house within easy reach of the refrigerator, popcorn maker and our equalizers.

That's wonderful. Glad it works just fine for you to not have to deal with going out of the house to see a quality movie. For the most part, I feel the same as you do regarding movie theaters as I've had a high end home theater setup for quite some time now. However, it's also good to be able to get out of the house some and invest time in my daughter by doing things a 14 year old girl enjoys doing. When I was able to carry concealed in our local theater, the cons with regard to $ and distractions to which you allude to were considered a very small investment considering the value of investing time with my daughter doing something she enjoys.

When I get old and have no one else to think about, I may take the same tact as you have. Until then, I'll watch my 60" tv with 7.1 surround sound most of the time and then take my daughter to another theater in which I can carry concealed.
Good luck with gittin' old. Cemeteries are full of folk a lot younger than us.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bingo! We might even have the same TV as yours. Great minds, and all that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Morbidrealities wrote:I believe all AMC theatre's have both signs. I don't go to AMC anymore. There is another really nice theatre in my area that serves dinner, has nice recliner seats and only has a 30.07 sign.

I am not advocating breaking the law......but, just use your better judgement.
:iagree: A 3007 sign is ok with me, but I will avoid the ones with 3006. I do prefer watching at home on my 80" Sharp with 7 speaker theater sound system.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Bingo! We might even have the same TV as yours. Great minds, and all that.
Thank you, TAM. I will concede that Mojo84 has the bigger one. :oops:

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

Yeah..... Feel free to enter that supremely "soft target" theater. Me, I'll be at my home watching my big screen (sometimes with my 21 y/o daughter, who absolutely understands that her daddy doesn't do "gun free" zones if he can help it). I have to say though, I'm a bit blessed to live in a place with more then a few options, several of which are 07 posted only.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

When AMC made it their policy to post 30.06 and 30.07 at their properties, I wrote them off as a place to catch movies. The local Cinemark is posted 30.07 only, and Studio Movie Grill is not posted at all. I'm headed to SMG tonight in fact to catch the new Independence Day flick, Sig P938 is coming with me.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”