CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Matt1234
Posts in topic: 1

Question regarding change of address.

Post by Matt1234 »

Hi,

We are moving to Oklahoma in a few days and I just changed my address on the website. My question is, is my licence still valid? Please note that I am not a resident of Oklahoma yet. I haven't changed my drivers licence over. Any help would be much appreciated. :tiphat:

Edit: Just mainly want to know if I am ok to conceal carry on our trip there.

Keith B

Re: Question regarding change of address.

Post by Keith B »

Yes, your LTC is still valid for 30 days while you wait for your new one with the new address.

However, you kind of got the cart before the horse. You don't have to submit your change your address until you officially establish residency in OK. Hopefully your DL change will be quick with OK so you are not backwards out of sync with your LTC showing an OK address, but your DL still being a TX DL with your old address.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

infoman

Re: Question regarding change of address.

Post by infoman »

You cannot change your address online if you're moving out of state. You must do it by mail & send a copy of your new OK DL#. Your new CHL (LTC) license must have your OK DL# printed on the face of the card. Their online system is not set up to make that change.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”