Dallas World Aquarium posted 30.06?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bluelineman
Posts in topic: 1

Dallas World Aquarium posted 30.06?

Post by bluelineman »

Does anybody know if the Dallas World Aquarium is posted 30.06 or have metal detectors that they make you go through? Thanks.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Our school did a field trip to there this past school year. I do not recall 30.06 notices and there are no metal detectors as you go in.

JRG

TxFire

Post by TxFire »

As of last year it was not or if it was I did not find it.

Photoman

Post by Photoman »

On my visit last summer, it was not. Very hot and humid inside so be sure to take your stainless revolver instead of the blue one. ;-)

bpet

Post by bpet »

I was there Sunday and saw no 30.06 posting.
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wildscar »

Anyone been recently. Was thinking of taking the little one today. Wanna make sure I'm not going to have to turn around and go back to the car.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

spud

Post by spud »

I was there 2-3 months ago. On my way in I stopped a officer and asked if I could carry in there. He said it was good to go.

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

Thats good to know. we decide not to go. Something else come up but at least I wont have to ask again.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

rcg917

Re: Dallas World Aquarium posted 30.06?

Post by rcg917 »

We were just there last Saturday on 04/08/17 and there is a very large 30.07 sign at the ticket counter. THERE IS NO 30.06 SIGN. NO METAL DETECTORS. I conceal carried throughout the aquarium with no issues. I will say that it is a windy path that you follow inside from top to bottom and LOTS of kids and could be crowed. I see why there is a 30.07 sign.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

It's good to see that they are not claiming to be an educational institution due to the training they provide to Dolphins.

rcg917

Post by rcg917 »

I agree. We took a chance on it as we rode the DART train down to the West End and walked from there. I'm not riding the DART train without a gun! I was hoping we wouldn't get all the way down there just to be turned away. I tried to find the answer on the internet before we went down there but didn't find anything definitive. So...I thought I'd join this group to let everyone know.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

rcg917 wrote:We were just there last Saturday on 04/08/17 and there is a very large 30.07 sign at the ticket counter. THERE IS NO 30.06 SIGN. NO METAL DETECTORS. I conceal carried throughout the aquarium with no issues. I will say that it is a windy path that you follow inside from top to bottom and LOTS of kids and could be crowed. I see why there is a 30.07 sign.
10 year old thread! :shock:

You win the necromancer award. :tiphat:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

C-dub wrote:
rcg917 wrote:We were just there last Saturday on 04/08/17 and there is a very large 30.07 sign at the ticket counter. THERE IS NO 30.06 SIGN. NO METAL DETECTORS. I conceal carried throughout the aquarium with no issues. I will say that it is a windy path that you follow inside from top to bottom and LOTS of kids and could be crowed. I see why there is a 30.07 sign.
10 year old thread! :shock:

You win the necromancer award. :tiphat:
Looks like a timely update to me, considering that 30.07 didn't exist 10 years ago, But rcg917 needs to use Texas3006.com as well.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

ProLibertateTactical

Post by ProLibertateTactical »

As of June 5, 2017, the Dallas World Aquarium ONLY has a 30.07 sign posted. To clarify, there is NOT a 30.06 sign posted at the entrance. :hurry:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”