30.06/30.07 signs went up at work.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rssecurity
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 30.06/30.07 signs went up at work.

Post by rssecurity »

In the unlikely event that I need to use my weapon for self defense, I may possibly face some criminal charges in court. If I make the other decision and go in unarmed, I am dead.
Death is far from certain. I have been unlucky enough to have been involved in 5 active shooter events, and took a round in 2 of them. I couldn't legally carry in any of them (first 4 where I was didn't even have CC at the time). But I did survive. Don't give up so easily.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 8

Post by ScottDLS »

twomillenium wrote:

Property owners have every right within the law to run their business as they wish. You have every right not to participate. That is the way it is and the way it should be.
No...they don't. Parking lot law... Can't keep your employees from carrying on your property in their car. Exception to 30.05...can't keep an off duty cop from going armed in your business. A no "whites" sign doesn't invoke trespass for persons of pallor. :smash:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

rssecurity wrote:
In the unlikely event that I need to use my weapon for self defense, I may possibly face some criminal charges in court. If I make the other decision and go in unarmed, I am dead.
Death is far from certain. I have been unlucky enough to have been involved in 5 active shooter events, and took a round in 2 of them. I couldn't legally carry in any of them (first 4 where I was didn't even have CC at the time). But I did survive. Don't give up so easily.
I probably should have fully stated some assumptions. I am not planning to use my gun unless it is a last resort, and I believe that failure to do so will likely result in death or serious bodily injury to myself or my loved ones. I know that some people feel compelled to get involved in other situations. I am not one of those people.

So at the point that I have to make a decision about carry, my assumption is that I most likely will not be using a weapon even if I have one, but in the very unlikely event that I need to use my weapon failure to do so would result in death or serious bodily injury to myself or loved ones. When I am making that decision the only thing that matters is what I believe the likely outcomes to be from each possible choice.

It's like deciding to turn left when a car is coming, but you will probably be fine. You decide to make the turn because you have plenty of space, but just as you start to turn your engine unexpectedly quits and your car stalls in the oncoming vehicle's path resulting in an accident. That is an unfortunate series of events (which actually happened to my ex-wife), but it does not mean that you made a bad decision by deciding to turn.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

There are no car accidents only car "negligents" "rlol" :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 4

Post by twomillenium »

ScottDLS wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

Property owners have every right within the law to run their business as they wish. You have every right not to participate. That is the way it is and the way it should be.
No...they don't. Parking lot law... Can't keep your employees from carrying on your property in their car. Exception to 30.05...can't keep an off duty cop from going armed in your business. A no "whites" sign doesn't invoke trespass for persons of pallor. :smash:
Learn to read and understand ""right within the law". My point has been made. Done with this :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

twomillenium wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

Learn to read and understand ""right within the law". My point has been made. Done with this :tiphat:
Assuming that "right within the law" means that they can operate their business while observing the exceptions carved out for parking lots and cops and others...OK. But earlier you said...
Rights of a private property owner should always override what some people think is their right to what they want on property that is not theirs. If you don't like the property owner's rules then don't go there. That is really simple.
And I said no they shouldn't and LEGALLY they don't, then I offered two cases where in Texas they legally don't and arguably shouldn't. As a private property owner, when you open your business to the public you don't have an absolute right to invoke State power to enforce your private rules. That is really simple.

Now I will take my keyboard and go home.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”