Movie Theaters

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cirsory
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Movie Theaters

Post by cirsory »

B&B in Wylie (North dallas) does not have signs posted.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Pretty much every place in Austin has at least a 07 up. Regal and AMC typically have both 06 and 07. I always either go to Cinemark or Alamo Drafthouse (both of which only post 07)

Cinemark @ South Park Meadows has actually upgraded all of their seats to very comfortable premium seats. You even get to reserve your seat when you order your tickets online. I'm quite impressed by the quality. iPic Theater (Domain) posted 06 and I'm happy there's a new choice for super comfy seats.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

iMax in Texas History Museum is not posted and no other notice either. With free parking (disabled) and open carry, it is our new favorite.
:txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Glockster wrote:
SigM4 wrote:
Kenneth77 wrote:All the ones around Ft worth and burleson are posted for both and all the ones that are around a 30-40 radius are also.
AMC Starplex in Lake Worth is (or was as of 2013) a nice theater with no signs to my knowledge (Texas3006 would seem to confirm). Best part is they have matinee pricing before 2 I believe, including weekends. $5 tickets and I can still afford popcorn.

I would be surprised if they are not posted given that it is strict corporate policy to prohibit weapons at any AMC theater, anywhere. Seems much more likely that some choose to "not see" the 30.06 and 30.07 signage as I stare at it at the ticket window every time I go and it is impossible to miss.

https://cdn.amctheatres.com/Media/Defau ... policy.pdf
Turns out Starplex was acquired by AMC last year. Too bad, when it was Starplex it was always nice to go there. At the time they absolutely did not post signs, one of reasons I would actually frequent that particular theater.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Glockster wrote:I would be surprised if they are not posted given that it is strict corporate policy to prohibit weapons at any AMC theater, anywhere. Seems much more likely that some choose to "not see" the 30.06 and 30.07 signage as I stare at it at the ticket window every time I go and it is impossible to miss.

https://cdn.amctheatres.com/Media/Defau ... policy.pdf
I posted it to Texas3006.com in February but maybe the signs were taken down. I have to get a tire fixed tomorrow and will drive by it and verify. If signs are still there I'll take pictures again and resubmit to Texas3006.com.
Ron
NRA Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Signs at Lake Worth theater are still there. I thought I submitted from my phone, but may not have. I have just now submitted to Texas3006.com.
Ron
NRA Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rtschl wrote:Signs at Lake Worth theater are still there. I thought I submitted from my phone, but may not have. I have just now submitted to Texas3006.com.

It just struck me that, if I was a business owner/manager that had posted 30.06/30.07 signs, and I saw someone taking pictures of them, it might make me leery that it was being viewed as soft target, and would definitely make me rethink my posting decisions. Maybe we should just go out one after the other and start taking pictures, maybe more of them will come down.
Just a random thought while my brain was otherwise unused.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bigity

Post by bigity »

darkmavis9 wrote:I was in Lubbock this week and assumed the Cinemark I was heading into was posted, when I noticed it was only .07 posted. I turned back to the truck to retrieve my trusty steed!
Noticed this change recently myself, was pretty surprised. Alamo Drafthouses are all 30.07 only as well.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Showbiz in Kingwood is only 30.07. I conceal in there all the time.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

chl-dawg

Post by chl-dawg »

went to Santikos palladium last night and they had 30.07 posted. this was my first time carrying in a movie theater and went well as expected. Def will be back there when i can :)

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Jusme wrote:
rtschl wrote:Signs at Lake Worth theater are still there. I thought I submitted from my phone, but may not have. I have just now submitted to Texas3006.com.

It just struck me that, if I was a business owner/manager that had posted 30.06/30.07 signs, and I saw someone taking pictures of them, it might make me leery that it was being viewed as soft target, and would definitely make me rethink my posting decisions. Maybe we should just go out one after the other and start taking pictures, maybe more of them will come down.
Just a random thought while my brain was otherwise unused.
:iagree: that is what i post online when the jewelry store up the streat posted! It ensures the bad guys wont get hurt!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Thank God that Redbox machines are not posted! That's how I watch movies.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

EdnaBambrick
Banned

Post by EdnaBambrick »

Kenneth77 wrote:So has anyone found any that are gun friendly yet ? Been looking on 3006.com and seems all i see are posted for 06-07 , i am really getting sick of so many business putting these sings up .
I stopped going to movies more than 2 decades ago when DVDs and home projectors first became available. I might have gone to 4-5 movies since 2000 and almost got in fights twice.

Once when a guy got upset because the ticket sales person moved from his window to mine while he was talking on the phone and not making a decision or move to buy a ticket. And this was after he jogged ahead of us in the last 10 feet to beat us to the window all the while talking on the phone and oblivious to everything else and social conventions. I am sure this thug is in jail or dead by now.

The other time, in a mainly empty theater two high school kids started smoking cigarettes.

The other times, people took calls during the show or texted and carried on as if they wanted someone to start a fight with them.

It's just not worth it to go to theater. Too many jackasses these days.

Topic author
Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Kenneth77 »

Well i have been to the one in burleson twice since this and just CC we didn't buy the tickets at the window but at the kiosk so if there would have been an issue i would have have simply said there are no sings on the front door , there was an cop there and i just had a t-shirt over my 938 and i know it was printing and he didnt say anything and i walked by him two or three times so until they change the sings i will just CC and not worry about it .
leeproductsonline.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”