Well it only took 9 years

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 3

Well it only took 9 years

Post by uthornsfan »

I met my wife 9 years ago and at first she was 100% "I don't want to be around guns". She wasn't anti-gun, she was just afraid and didn't want to be around them or see them.

Slowly, she warmed up and eventually she adopted my double stack .45 as her preferred range gun :biggrinjester:

She is planning a trip to West Texas (not the city) and New Mexico and wants to finally get her LTC!

:woohoo

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Well it only took 9 years

Post by Jusme »

uthornsfan wrote:I met my wife 9 years ago and at first she was 100% "I don't want to be around guns". She wasn't anti-gun, she was just afraid and didn't want to be around them or see them.

Slowly, she warmed up and eventually she adopted my double stack .45 as her preferred range gun :biggrinjester:

She is planning a trip to West Texas (not the city) and New Mexico and wants to finally get her LTC!

That's great uthornsfan!!

Nothing better that going to the range with your SO (significant other, not safety officer) If she is not already a member here have her join, we need more input from the ladies on this forum. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

uthornsfan wrote:I met my wife 9 years ago and at first she was 100% "I don't want to be around guns". She wasn't anti-gun, she was just afraid and didn't want to be around them or see them.

Patience pays off. My wife and I got our licenses in 2013. I've carried openly each day since, she prefers concealed. She only recently decided to carry her Ruger LCR .38 Special consistently. I did not pressure her or even suggest it. I simply led by example and discussed the news with her. I was confident that she would make the correct choice when she was ready.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

She took the class yesterday.

Scored a 238 on the proficiency test, was the only person out of 20 to be shooting anything bigger than a 9mm :) shes very :txflag:

goose

Post by goose »

uthornsfan wrote:She took the class yesterday.

Scored a 238 on the proficiency test, was the only person out of 20 to be shooting anything bigger than a 9mm :) shes very :txflag:
Folks with patience and folks with minds open to learning. I predict that you two have many more than nine ahead of you.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Topic author
uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Status says Mailed!

3 weeks from final paper work submitted. That's pretty darn quick.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

uthornsfan wrote:Status says Mailed!

3 weeks from final paper work submitted. That's pretty darn quick.
Excellent! Tell her welcome to the group! Now you have someone to cover your 6.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I did some arm twisting in 2009 and my wife got hers. It took a couple of years for her to admit that she was glad that she carried a pistol. She was never anti, she just didn't see the need because she "never goes anywhere dangerous". For the record, in 2009 she was attending Dental Hygiene school at Baylor in Dallas..... Not dangerous, huh?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Very nice.

Mine took a little over 10 years. It might have been longer, but after our daughter was born there was an incident that helped convince her. I never pushed prior to the incident, so it was not really an issue to begin with. She will probably never get an LTC and I'm okay with that. She has taken one with her in the car a few times. Mostly when I'm out of town.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jiannichan

Post by jiannichan »

I like hearing (reading) these stories as it gives me hope. My wife of 5 years, been together 11 years now is the sorta the same way. She is basically against violence, and since a lot of violence you hear about on the news lately (mass shootings etc) are gun related, she lumps guns in the group of things she hates. I hope to one day have her join our group of carriers.
-jchan

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Jusme wrote:

That's great uthornsfan!!

Nothing better that going to the range with your SO (significant other, not safety officer) If she is not already a member here have her join, we need more input from the ladies on this forum. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Sometimes your SO "significant other" is your SO "safety officer" especially when she's telling you that your gonna get hurt!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”