caught by surprise when concealing

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: caught by surprise when concealing

Post by Abraham »

bblhd672,

Please tell me that the question -"what's that for?" - is a rarity.

If it isn't, I would avoid buying a Sneaky Pete holster if it inspires people to be busybodies...

Most often, in the summer, I wear a OWB, black, leather, zippered rectangular pack (not a fanny pack) to carry my Glock 19 in. It's rather large, yet no one has ever asked me about it.

Maybe, my persona doesn't lend itself to allow strangers to feel comfortable in asking me personal questions.

My wife tells me I scowl though I'm not conscious of it. This facial expression may also contribute to keep the nosey at bay.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I just got home from a trip to Walgreens. Anyway, i had to pick up some alergy meds. at the pharm. counter. Leaned over to pick up something and i feel sure a lady sitting near where i was standing saw a print of my pisto thru my t-shirtl. She kept staring at me from then on with a concern look on her face.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:bblhd672,

Please tell me that the question -"what's that for?" - is a rarity.

If it isn't, I would avoid buying a Sneaky Pete holster if it inspires people to be busybodies...

Most often, in the summer, I wear a OWB, black, leather, zippered rectangular pack (not a fanny pack) to carry my Glock 19 in. It's rather large, yet no one has ever asked me about it.

Maybe, my persona doesn't lend itself to allow strangers to feel comfortable in asking me personal questions.

My wife tells me I scowl though I'm not conscious of it. This facial expression may also contribute to keep the nosey at bay.
It is rare, but obviously I need to practice my scowl.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

FCH

Post by FCH »

To the OP - although it is not against the law, the operator of the day care can loose his license to operate if he allows firearms in the day care. It is an administrative rule. I suppose that if the individual does not "know" you are carrying, he has a defense.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

To each their own and not to hi-jack a thread, but let me give you some food for thought and study.

Please do some study of video of true SD videos and watch how fast they develop. These are fully underway in less than 2-5 seconds and if you have to un-zipper your weapon you are going to be behind the curve. In the case of the Sneaky Pete (of which I own 2 but no longer use **) it has a magnetic clasp that can be accessed fairly fast with practice. I have a friend that has a OWB 'thingy' that has a zipper and I have told him the same thing.

First of all we are on the defensive in that we do not draw our weapon until the process/crime is well underway such as a robbery or a car jacking. So we are already behind the curve. Now that we have identified the BG is in front of us and we/you have to unzip a 'thingy' you will be standing there wishing you could do something/anything but stand there as a victim.

I implore you to practice this and time yourself and see that you will be so far behind the curve.

This is an Off duty LEO but it demonstrates how fast everything goes down.
This one is in a foreign country but it still applies

**I use both of these when I want to transport a firearm out in public and not want people to see what I have.

bigity

Post by bigity »

I know since I received by LTC it is one of the things I pay attention to. Not for any overt concern, it's just kind of like spotting people with Arkansas Razorbacks stuff on (I'm from Arkansas).
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Topic author
chl-dawg
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chl-dawg »

FCH wrote:To the OP - although it is not against the law, the operator of the day care can loose his license to operate if he allows firearms in the day care. It is an administrative rule. I suppose that if the individual does not "know" you are carrying, he has a defense.
totally understand. wouldn't he need to post 30.06/30.07 signs if he really don't want any firearms though? i didn't see anything posted.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

It could have been random as it was one week into a new state policy that had been in the headlines.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Topic author
chl-dawg
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chl-dawg »

J.R.@A&M wrote:It could have been random as it was one week into a new state policy that had been in the headlines.
that is true, saw my printing and wanted to have a casual convo to 'sweet' talk me into leaving my baby there heheh. never the less, we went some where else as they were almost maxed out plus they had pets ( which my clean freak wife didn't like).

thanks for the thoughts ! i did change my holster option for 'deep concealment' on my vedder light tuck which helped and i am experimenting with my standard g26 mag w/o the pierce grip so it won't stick much.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”