CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Los Molcajetes OC/CC and food?

Post by C-dub »

Good evening everyone.

I'll probably be heading over to the Fort Worth side of the world this weekend to meet with a couple of friends and according to the reviews, this place appears to be looked upon as being a good place to eat.
Los Molcajetes, at the corner or Western Center Blvd and N. Beach St.

There is no mention of them at Texas3006.com. Does anyone know for sure if they allow CC or OC? Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of their food good or bad?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

shooter37
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Los Molcajetes OC/CC and food?

Post by shooter37 »

Very good food and reasonable. Drinks are also good. Have been there many times and no CHL issues. Unless there is a very
recent change in policy you should have a good, armed, dinner

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

shooter37 wrote:Very good food and reasonable. Drinks are also good. Have been there many times and no CHL issues. Unless there is a very
recent change in policy you should have a good, armed, dinner
Great place. Food is awesome. No problem with carry there.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Eat at Molcajetes about once a week. No Drama and the food is really good. That restaurant fills up fast on Friday and Saturday Nights. Get there early.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

I absolutely love the place, the chips and salsa are fantastic. If you you like spicy, ask for the verde salsa as well. I usually get enough chips that I order off the a la carte menu and a beer rita or cocktail.

Im pretty sure its 30.07 posted but not 30.06, I CC there.

Depending on if you are traveling in the northern area or mid cities, their sister restaurant is named Mi Pueblo.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Food sounds great. But if I'm going to take a drive into Ft.Worth, I'll head straight to Joe T's. Have never found a better place to eat Mexican food, except maybe Caro's & they are out of business. I've been eating at Joe T's since 1964. :drool:

Oh. BTW, Joe T's is posted 30.07 only.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

There used to be a Molcajetes here in houston many years ago and the food was very very good. They have been out of business here for a long time. :yawn

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

We'll probably get together on Saturday afternoon. If we do and go here I'll give a full report on the food and any signage or lack there of.

Thanks for all your replies.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

I've OC'd at the Los Molcajetes in Roanoke with no issues, just FYI.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

MadMonkey wrote:I've OC'd at the Los Molcajetes in Roanoke with no issues, just FYI.

Good to know. I eat at that one semi-regularly but have always CC'd.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

We ended up at Rio Mambo at Bryant Ivin Blvd and I-20. They are not posted 30.06 or 30.07, but I remained concealed.

Good food at an okay price. I thought the $12 nachos was a little high until they arrived at the table. More than I could eat in one meal and really good.

goose

Post by goose »

joe817 wrote:Food sounds great. But if I'm going to take a drive into Ft.Worth, I'll head straight to Joe T's. Have never found a better place to eat Mexican food, except maybe Caro's & they are out of business. I've been eating at Joe T's since 1964. :drool:

Oh. BTW, Joe T's is posted 30.07 only.
No one is going to point out the blatant conflict of interest with this post???? :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

They have a new Los Molcajetes in Mansfield where the old Johnny Carinos used to be. Went there last weekend, great food, huge portions, service was outstanding, and no signage that I saw.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”