LTC holder shoots bread thief

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bigity
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LTC holder shoots bread thief

Post by bigity »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
dlh wrote:This is an interesting case. Good shoot or bad shoot? Did they find anything in the thief's pocket? Not sure what LEO will do with this one. They can always just turn it over to the Lubbock D.A. who can take a look at it and decide whether to present to grand jury. If the bread truck driver is unlucky and gets indicted I would probably as a hypothetical juror say not guilty on this one. The thief was stealing stuff out of the bread guy's truck then the thief reached into his pocket when confronted...would certainly scare me and put me in reasonable fear for my life. Mayor Bloomberg and Piers Morgan may think differently. :shock:
Let's pick this one apart for a second (not your comment, but the situation)....
  1. A delivery driver observes a thief transferring merchandise from his delivery truck to another vehicle - presumably the thief's.
  2. The delivery guy pulls his gun and announces to the thief that he has a CHL (not sure what value that has in the moment, but.....)
  3. The thief puts his hand in his pocket, and continues to advance toward the delivery driver......demonstrating either his intent to do the driver harm, or his complete departure from reality. Either way, he's a danger to the driver.
  4. The delivery driver shoots the thief in the leg.........unlike shooting him in center of mass, which most of us would have probably done......and the thief lives to see another day.
  5. All things considered, the thief had a better day than he otherwise might have had, and now he gets to have three hots and a cot for an extended period on someone else's dime. He doesn't have to continue his life of crime to eat and live rent free for a while.
The bad guy made out like a bandit. (Pun intended.) :lol:
Also the thief had already stolen some property from the truck - he was coming back for more when the confrontation occurred.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

JALLEN wrote:
Jusme wrote:
suthdj wrote:
joe817 wrote:Sounds like it was a good shoot. Theft suspect when confronted reached into his pocket. That's when the LTC delivery truck driver pulled his gun and shot him in the leg. :thumbs2:
A delivery driver can hit the leg why cant the police. :smilelol5:

No the police are just supposed to shoot the gun out of the BG hand. You know like the Lone Ranger did! :smilelol5:
Do you know how many takes that takes, how many BGs the studio went through, before LR got it right?
Yeah, but there were never any horses or animals injured during the making if those shows. ;-)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasTornado »

mojo84 wrote:
JALLEN wrote:
Jusme wrote:
suthdj wrote:
joe817 wrote:Sounds like it was a good shoot. Theft suspect when confronted reached into his pocket. That's when the LTC delivery truck driver pulled his gun and shot him in the leg. :thumbs2:
A delivery driver can hit the leg why cant the police. :smilelol5:

No the police are just supposed to shoot the gun out of the BG hand. You know like the Lone Ranger did! :smilelol5:
Do you know how many takes that takes, how many BGs the studio went through, before LR got it right?
Yeah, but there were never any horses or animals injured during the making if those shows. ;-)
That's because if you hurt an animal you lose all female viewership. They know better.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

TT, my wife and daughter will attest to that.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”