CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 51% Sign Posted, but TABC License calls for Blue Sign

Post by MeMelYup »

Lynyrd wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
If the sign was supposed to be a BLUE sign (i.e. the license issued for <51%) from the beginning and TABC, said to post a RED, then the removal of the sign is not making, it legal to carry. It was always legal to carry, they just eliminated the sign saying that it was... :biggrinjester:
You are correct. :thumbs2: But I wonder if a deputy would give me time to look up the liquor license on the TABC website and show him they were supposed to have a blue sign before they put me in handcuffs? I don't want to be the test case, ain't nobody got time for that. And by the way, I found out they posted the 51% on their own to keep guns out. TABC threatened to fine them if they didn't take it down (due to my complaint). They also are too ignorant to know about 30.06/30.07 as of yet. And I'm sure not going to tell them.
If you look at the certificate the business is required to post, it states on it red or blue.

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Lynyrd »

MeMelYup wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
If the sign was supposed to be a BLUE sign (i.e. the license issued for <51%) from the beginning and TABC, said to post a RED, then the removal of the sign is not making, it legal to carry. It was always legal to carry, they just eliminated the sign saying that it was... :biggrinjester:
You are correct. :thumbs2: But I wonder if a deputy would give me time to look up the liquor license on the TABC website and show him they were supposed to have a blue sign before they put me in handcuffs? I don't want to be the test case, ain't nobody got time for that. And by the way, I found out they posted the 51% on their own to keep guns out. TABC threatened to fine them if they didn't take it down (due to my complaint). They also are too ignorant to know about 30.06/30.07 as of yet. And I'm sure not going to tell them.
If you look at the certificate the business is required to post, it states on it red or blue.
If they posted a certificate, which I doubt, I sure haven't seen it. But that's good to keep in mind. Thanks.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

I went to a new Pancho's Mexican Buffet on Rufe Snow in N Richland Hills tonight. They had prominent 51% signs in the front door, which I 100% sure are incorrect. However, it does not show up on the TABC database so I can't verify that.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

lws380
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lws380 »

I wish contacting the TABC would always be helpful. I did a few years ago regarding a similar situation and it was not a good experience. I have never gone back and will never go back to the establishment. They had some pretty good food, but over priced for what you got.

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rex B »

I complained about Panchos on the TABC online form.
Today someone called from TABC but I missed the call.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”