Stupid...Stupid...Stupid!!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
thetexan
Posts in topic: 1

Stupid...Stupid...Stupid!!!

Post by thetexan »

I want to know who in the Punta Gorda Florida police academy thought it was ok to have a simulation exercise where police and cadets pointed real muzzles of real guns at volunteers and pulled real triggers firing what they believed were BLANKS!!!!!!!!!'

Are you kidding me!!!??

And now a poor volunteer librarian is dead because, sure enough, one gun had real bullets loaded.

This violates every rule of safe firearm usage ever written!

Never point the muzzle of ANY gun...loaded...unloaded...blanks or otherwise...at anything that you don't intend to destroy. We don't even point blue guns at people!

Did they think they were smarter or wiser than all of the rest of us!? Did they think the laws of probability and averages wouldn't catch up to them!?

This is a critically stupid mistake that should have been avoided. I just can't find enough words in the dictionary to express my absolute incredulity at this.

My God

Tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

RicoTX

Re: Stupid...Stupid...Stupid!!!

Post by RicoTX »

I could not believe my ears on this one either... such a terrible tragedy that should have never happened. I hope any other departments in the country using anything resembling a real gun during these classes will immediately cease. Unbelievable.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

parabelum

Re: Stupid...Stupid...Stupid!!!

Post by parabelum »

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”