Tennessee carry help?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Tennessee carry help?

Post by cmgee67 »

Howdy folks I wanted to know if somebody could shed some light on carrying in Tennessee. I will be getting married in October and we will be honeymooning up there. As far as CC carry and vehicle carry what do I need to know? Also do they have signage on buildings like we do or is it totally different? I know it's a big gun state so I don't expect it to be too strict but I want to be extra careful. Also do you have to let an LEO you are carrying if stopped or not. I would but I wanna know that as well

TexasTornado

Re: Tennessee carry help?

Post by TexasTornado »

Working on it...

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

So far:

No silencers
No incendiary rounds
Only allows you to carry handguns, no other weapon or firearms.

In a vehicle must be out of sight when you're in the vehicle or locked in glovebox trunk etc when you're out of it. (Make sure if you're renting a car they don't have a written policy against firearms)

LEOs may temporarily disarm you if they feel it nessissary.

signage says "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED", (1") high and eight inches (8") wide and "As authorized by T.C.A. § 39-17-1359". It also must have a 4"x4" gun buster sign.

Best I could do reading the legalese. :tiphat:
Last edited by TexasTornado on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

The best resource for researching other states handgun laws is http://www.handgunlaw.us/.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Pawpaw wrote:The best resource for researching other states handgun laws is http://www.handgunlaw.us/.
:iagree: One of the best resources out there. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

End result:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

What I got from it:

No silencers
No incendiary rounds
Only allows you to carry handguns, no other weapon or firearms.

In a vehicle must be out of sight when you're in the vehicle or locked in glovebox trunk etc when you're out of it. (Make sure if you're renting a car they don't have a written policy against firearms)

LEOs may temporarily disarm you if they feel it nessissary.

signage says "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED", 1" high x 8" wide and include the text "As authorized by T.C.A. § 39-17-1359". It also must have a 4"x4" gun buster sign.

Best I could do reading the legalese. :tiphat:
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Funny, I'm going to be up in TN next week, and I've found the same thing. Laws are pretty close to TX, except a gun buster works if it can be viewed from 10' away, as Texas Tornado said.

Handgunlaw.us is your friend!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Thanks for the help everybody!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”