Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 4

Lets help secure LA

Post by gigag04 »

This is a rant..so..read accordingly.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168112,00.html

Shots fired at rescue helicopters?? This is SICK.

I want to go pick my new RRA Entry Tactical, bring the AK, all of my handguns and shotguns, and bring some equally equipped buddies and restore order in LA.

You loot I shoot. Quit stealing crap and go help somebody. I'm sick of seeing thugs with TVs over thier heads and a pistol in thier wasteband.

There are reports of National Guard rescue workers CRYING over the radios becuase they are so scared of these armed hooligans.

I'm fighting the urge to suggest leaving them be and they can suck it up with no life support and a new TV, and move all efforts to getting the water out. But I'm aware there are legit people that need help...that somehow missed the memo that thier city was going to be wiped out.

SO - lets make a coalition of the willing to help the NG secure that mess. I'm no good for First Aid, but if you are, I'll cover you so these absolute idiots dont gun you down while you are helping them.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

ghentry
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ghentry »

I'm curious as to whether or not the Guardsman being sent there actually have loaded rifles or not?

dolanp
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dolanp »

Supposedly there is martial law declared there now, so they had better give them loaded guns!
Springfield XD 9mm Service

Scott Murray
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott Murray »

My grandfather survived the Galveston Storm of 1900.

I remember him telling stories about it. They declared martial law, and had a curfew. No one was allowed outside after dark.

He remembers hearing a looter being shot on the sidewalk just outside his house. He heard a guardsman challenge "Halt," then the sound of running feet, followed by a gunshot. Then the voices of the guardsmen as they looked over the body.

I understand they also compelled all able bodied men on the island to work in the clean up effort.

People were more tough minded back then....

dolanp

Post by dolanp »

Scott Murray wrote:People were more tough minded back then....
You can say that again. These people act like they had no idea this was going to happen. I wonder if most of them didn't stay just in hopes that the storm wouldn't be too bad and they could loot easily.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

stevie_d_64

Re: Lets help secure LA

Post by stevie_d_64 »

gigag04 wrote:This is a rant..so..read accordingly.
Rant away my friend...

I know its painful to watch this stuff going on...

We got flooded twice when Allison blew through in 2001...Just when we thought we had it cleaned up the first time...Here it came again...

I had my own little problem solving session with some lookie loo's...

One of the most infamous...Was this guy in a Tractor trailer rig, no trailer...Driving down the main side street to the house...We still had 8 inches of water over that road, and our cross streets were lower than that, so we were dealing with a lot of water...

He drives up that road, turns down a side street (residential) pushing a huge wake in front of him...

He circles around the back of my nieghborhood and come up from the other side down my street...I live on the corner, in the deepest part of the flooding...

He was slowly coming down the street...I walked out down the middle of the flooded street about 10 houses down from my house...He stopped...

He had his whole family in the cab, kids in the sleeper watching TV, wife was in the passenger seat...I smiled...Asked him how it was going...Crawled up the cab door, reached in and shut down the rig...Took the keys and tossed them in the flood water...

He was not too happy...Nor was he too bright...

I told him to stay in the cab, he might not like what would have happened if he stepped out...He got the idea...

I told him if he had a spare set of keys, they might want to stay out of the ignition...Still not too happy...

As far as I was concerned, he would be ok, if he stayed unhappy in the cab of his truck, and not move that truck till the water went down...

My nieghbors kept a watch on him with me...

The next day he was still there, and HPD was writing him a citation...That officer came by to take my statement, was surprised I was one of "those guys" and told me I practiced great restraint on this guy he just ticketed...What that citation was, I never pressed to find out...

See, I know what these folks are going through...Its nasty, its terrible and its hard to get back on your feet from a problem like this...And what N.O. and the surrounding States are going through I imagine is a lot worse...

Bottom line is that sometimes you just got to say enough is enough, and bring a little polite reality to those who just don't quite understand that what they are doing is hurting others...

Plain and simple...

They'll get through it Nick...What goes around comes around to those who are causing the problems over there...

See, I'm done ranting too...

Gig 'em Aggies!!! My investment guy is driving to S.C. to watch the Clemson game this weekend...Bad timing!!! :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

therooster

Post by therooster »

i wonder what the legal consequences would be if a few civilians packed up headed to Lousiana and killed some looters.

if the outcomes were good, i would probably volunteer to go "clean up" the city.
"live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weekness, and fear." - Justin Smith in a letter to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

TXDPSA

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

therooster wrote:i wonder what the legal consequences would be if a few civilians packed up headed to Lousiana and killed some looters.
Less looting...thats what.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is unconfirmed, but I just learned that some employees at the Methodist Hospital were in the Astrodome area and some "refugees" pointed guns at them. They are apparently mad that only people coming in on busses from New Orleans are being allowed into the Astrodome. This has the potential to get ugly!

Regards,
Chas.

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

I told my wife (who works downtown) this morning that she had to be even more vigilant now and be aware of her surroundings at all times.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This is unconfirmed, but I just learned that some employees at the Methodist Hospital were in the Astrodome area and some "refugees" pointed guns at them. They are apparently mad that only people coming in on busses from New Orleans are being allowed into the Astrodome. This has the potential to get ugly!

Regards,
Chas.
I just heard a rumor that a 'refugee' just tried to car-jack somebody on El Camino (in Clear Lake).

Things may be getting a little crazy out there. I think I'm going to make sure to pack some backup for the time being.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

ghentry wrote:I told my wife (who works downtown) this morning that she had to be even more vigilant now and be aware of her surroundings at all times.
+1
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Yeah, I've told my wife the same thing.

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

She just told me that there were many more people downtown this afternoon, and many were a little scary looking. I can imagine what it's going to look like when 25k are at the dome.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Up here in The Woodlands I have seen many cars with LA plates. I counted 25 at a small Walmart alone this afternoon.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”