How to Tell

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Glockster
Posts in topic: 4

How to Tell

Post by Glockster »

My fiancé just told me that she submitted her LTC application yesterday and has her fingerprint appointment Friday afternoon. And that's how you know you've found the right one. I'm a lucky guy! Now I get to help her pick out her EDC. :tiphat:
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How to Tell

Post by allisji »

congratulations! :thumbs2:

My wife has recently expressed interested in applying for the LTC and taking the class sometime possibly by the end of this year

:woohoo
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 3

Post by vjallen75 »

Glockster wrote:My fiancé just told me that she submitted her LTC application yesterday and has her fingerprint appointment Friday afternoon. And that's how you know you've found the right one. I'm a lucky guy! Now I get to help her pick out her EDC. :tiphat:
My wife actually signed us up for our LTC class. After taking the class she decided carrying wasn't something she wanted to pursue at the time but wanted me to get mine. After the tragedy that happened in Orlando my wife has since changed her mind.

Congrats!! :anamatedbanana
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Topic author
Glockster

Post by Glockster »

vjallen75 wrote:
Glockster wrote:My fiancé just told me that she submitted her LTC application yesterday and has her fingerprint appointment Friday afternoon. And that's how you know you've found the right one. I'm a lucky guy! Now I get to help her pick out her EDC. :tiphat:
My wife actually signed us up for our LTC class. After taking the class she decided carrying wasn't something she wanted to pursue at the time but wanted me to get mine. After the tragedy that happened in Orlando my wife has since changed her mind.

Congrats!! :anamatedbanana
Good on you and glad she changed her mind. Sort of a similar situation for me in that she took her class 354 days ago and had decided not to get her LTC. That was before meeting me. We've since had a couple of really good conversations about how I've been carrying for a long time, and about Orlando and elsewhere and she decided to change her mind. And I've seen her target from her qualification - she's an excellent shot!
NRA Life Member

LosAlce
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LosAlce »

Congrats! I actually had to convince my husband of the fact that I wanted to carry on body after we received our plastic. He wasn't on board at first but when he realized it meant we could buy new guns, he was more than happy to see my reasoning :smilelol5:

Now we never have to ask if the other is carrying. It's just part of our normal dress. The question now is "which one are you carrying?" "rlol"
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

Topic author
Glockster

Post by Glockster »

LosAlce wrote:Congrats! I actually had to convince my husband of the fact that I wanted to carry on body after we received our plastic. He wasn't on board at first but when he realized it meant we could buy new guns, he was more than happy to see my reasoning :smilelol5:

Now we never have to ask if the other is carrying. It's just part of our normal dress. The question now is "which one are you carrying?" "rlol"

LOL. I may have a slightly different problem in that she really likes all of mine and at first said that she'd just use one of mine. I redirected that conversation to her being able to pick out the exact one she wants (and so we don't have to have that conversation of which one we each have), and since she is thinking about a 9mm and none of mine are...I think that we may have new guns in our future as well.
NRA Life Member

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Glockster wrote: And I've seen her target from her qualification - she's an excellent shot!
:shock:

If she still had her target she must have been very proud if it!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

It is a good idea to have your wife become a LTC for the simple reason If something were to happen, i.e. sickness/car accident with transport she can handle/transport a weapon and it makes life much easier than if she is not.

My wife will complete hers soon after I was enlightened to this fact.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Lynyrd wrote:
Glockster wrote: And I've seen her target from her qualification - she's an excellent shot!
:shock:

If she still had her target she must have been very proud if it!
:grumble dad and I stopped taking my mom to the range with us. She'll not even handle a pistol for a year then decide to go and shoot smiley faces into the target, just to show us she's still the better shot...It's a bit frustrating. :smilelol5:
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

LosAlce

Post by LosAlce »

Glockster wrote:
LOL. I may have a slightly different problem in that she really likes all of mine and at first said that she'd just use one of mine. I redirected that conversation to her being able to pick out the exact one she wants (and so we don't have to have that conversation of which one we each have), and since she is thinking about a 9mm and none of mine are...I think that we may have new guns in our future as well.
I am totally guilty of this. I was envious of my husbands p938 until I got my very own. The best/worst part of nothing being licensed is that sometimes one of us may have to let the other carry the gun we want. Every once in a while we entertain the idea of "buying two of each" but not often. It's hell on our wallets!
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

TexasTornado wrote:
:grumble dad and I stopped taking my mom to the range with us. She'll not even handle a pistol for a year then decide to go and shoot smiley faces into the target, just to show us she's still the better shot...It's a bit frustrating. :smilelol5:
My mother in law took the class with me...I had to throw my target away before she compared it to mine...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

RogueUSMC wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
My mother in law took the class with me...I had to throw my target away before she compared it to mine...lol
As long as you pass, that's all that matters. :cheers2:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 3

Post by vjallen75 »

Glockster wrote:Good on you and glad she changed her mind. Sort of a similar situation for me in that she took her class 354 days ago and had decided not to get her LTC. That was before meeting me. We've since had a couple of really good conversations about how I've been carrying for a long time, and about Orlando and elsewhere and she decided to change her mind. And I've seen her target from her qualification - she's an excellent shot!
Sounds like we both have a keep on our hands. Funny how things work out and how both of our situations turned out to be similar. My wife actually shot better than me in our LTC qualifications, but don't tell anybody

:mrgreen:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Shortly after my wife and I started dating, her dad got into IHMSA, and shortly thereafter so did I. I knew she was a keeper when she came out to a practice session with us and wanted to try. She got into the supine position on the pad, sighted her dad's model 629 (loaded with a Sierra 250gn slug at nearly 1600 fps) on the turkey silhouette at 150 meters and pressed the trigger. The gun roared, spit fire and recoiled, prompting her to leap off the pad and hand the gun back to her dad. I swear to this day that she was already on her feet before I heard the clang of lead on steel and saw the turkey fall.

We laid off of shooting for a number of years, and got back into shooting, and shooting sports, after our kids were teenagers. My wife is my training and teaching partner, holds the same credentials with the NRA that I do and is also a Texas 4-H certified pistol coach. She also is the coordinator of a ladies shooting club. We hardly ever have conversations about guns where the question "why do you want/need that" come up.

Yep. I'm happy to keep her as long as she'll have me.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Topic author
Glockster

Post by Glockster »

vjallen75 wrote:
Glockster wrote:Good on you and glad she changed her mind. Sort of a similar situation for me in that she took her class 354 days ago and had decided not to get her LTC. That was before meeting me. We've since had a couple of really good conversations about how I've been carrying for a long time, and about Orlando and elsewhere and she decided to change her mind. And I've seen her target from her qualification - she's an excellent shot!
Sounds like we both have a keep on our hands. Funny how things work out and how both of our situations turned out to be similar. My wife actually shot better than me in our LTC qualifications, but don't tell anybody

:mrgreen:
She WANTS to see if she is a better shot than me and wants some range time with me to test that. Definitely have to marry her.
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”