30.06 and 30.07 @ Capital Factory in Omni Hotel downtown Austin

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OnceFired
Posts in topic: 3

30.06 and 30.07 @ Capital Factory in Omni Hotel downtown Austin

Post by OnceFired »

Heads up the business incubator Capital Factory in the Omni hotel in downtown Austin is fully signed for 30.06 and 30.07.

I didn't take a photo of it because there were too many people right there and it would have seemed really odd to take a photo of it where it was. I was on the 16th floor I believe, and just outside the elevator lobby door (the only one you can enter after stepping off) had huge signage there.

I believe it is in compliance with the law. Next time I'm down there I'll try to snag a photo.
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 30.06 and 30.07 @ Capital Factory in Omni Hotel downtown Austin

Post by Jusme »

OnceFired wrote:Heads up the business incubator Capital Factory in the Omni hotel in downtown Austin is fully signed for 30.06 and 30.07.

I didn't take a photo of it because there were too many people right there and it would have seemed really odd to take a photo of it where it was. I was on the 16th floor I believe, and just outside the elevator lobby door (the only one you can enter after stepping off) had huge signage there.

I believe it is in compliance with the law. Next time I'm down there I'll try to snag a photo.

I would take a picture anyway, and make sure that it is obvious of what I was photographing. As I said in another post, it may make someone rethink their posting decision, if they become worried about looking like a soft target.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AJSully421 »

Some people get really upset when you take pictures of their signs. I had one come out, and I explained that I turn them into a website of businesses who create helpless victim zones. Guy told me that it was against state law for me to take a picture of his sign. I laughed loudly as I walked off...
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

If anyone asks about you taking a picture just tell them you were catching a pokemon.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

G.A. Heath wrote:If anyone asks about you taking a picture just tell them you were catching a pokemon.
"rlol"

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

AJSully421 wrote:Some people get really upset when you take pictures of their signs. I had one come out, and I explained that I turn them into a website of businesses who create helpless victim zones. Guy told me that it was against state law for me to take a picture of his sign. I laughed loudly as I walked off...

Let us know where it is, I'll bet a steady stream of photographers, may make him want to rethink his posting decision. Plus he will have more people to turn into the State. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AJSully421 »

Jusme wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Some people get really upset when you take pictures of their signs. I had one come out, and I explained that I turn them into a website of businesses who create helpless victim zones. Guy told me that it was against state law for me to take a picture of his sign. I laughed loudly as I walked off...

Let us know where it is, I'll bet a steady stream of photographers, may make him want to rethink his posting decision. Plus he will have more people to turn into the State. :biggrinjester:
It was one that I recently turned in (same screen name), Texas Credit Corp on Alta Mere in West Fort Worth.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

You should have told him that it is against state law for him to talk to you.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

AJSully421 wrote:
Jusme wrote:

It was one that I recently turned in (same screen name), Texas Credit Corp on Alta Mere in West Fort Worth.
That's not that far from me. When the weather clears up I might have to use that as an excuse to ride the motorcycle. I'm sure they won't have any objection to an open carrying biker taking pics of their signs. :evil2:
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

LucasMcCain wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:
Jusme wrote:

That's not that far from me. When the weather clears up I might have to use that as an excuse to ride the motorcycle. I'm sure they won't have any objection to an open carrying biker taking pics of their signs. :evil2:
Have someone video this PLEASE. Solely for my entertainment ofc.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

TexasTornado wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:
AJSully421 wrote: It was one that I recently turned in (same screen name), Texas Credit Corp on Alta Mere in West Fort Worth.
I'll see what I can do. Anybody know the laws in Texas regarding video taping someone? The phone I would be using to take pics of their sign switches to video pretty quickly. Someone wants to have words with me, I'm happy to do so, but you better believe I'm going to document the encounter for my own protection. I'm not sure if I have to tell them I'm doing so or get their consent, though.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

LucasMcCain wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:
AJSully421 wrote: It was one that I recently turned in (same screen name), Texas Credit Corp on Alta Mere in West Fort Worth.
I'll see what I can do. Anybody know the laws in Texas regarding video taping someone? The phone I would be using to take pics of their sign switches to video pretty quickly. Someone wants to have words with me, I'm happy to do so, but you better believe I'm going to document the encounter for my own protection. I'm not sure if I have to tell them I'm doing so or get their consent, though.
IANAL but, as far as I know there's no reasonable right to privacy in public places. As long as the person is not on their property I don't think they'd have any legal standing.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”