30.06 and 30.07 @ Capital Factory in Omni Hotel downtown Austin

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 5

Re: 30.06 and 30.07 @ Capital Factory in Omni Hotel downtown Austin

Post by AJSully421 »

So long as you are outside the building, you're good.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LucasMcCain »

Looks like the place is about an hour's ride from me, so I don't know if I'll get by any time soon. Also, I certainly don't wish to emulate the group that shall not be named. I just don't like people getting threatened and lied to for taking a picture. Should I go on this little ride, I will certainly be polite and cordial as always.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

LucasMcCain wrote:Looks like the place is about an hour's ride from me, so I don't know if I'll get by any time soon. Also, I certainly don't wish to emulate the group that shall not be named. I just don't like people getting threatened and lied to for taking a picture. Should I go on this little ride, I will certainly be polite and cordial as always.
For the record, he never threatened to call the cops or anything... all that he knew is that he didn't like what I was doing, and in his head, thought that it should be illegal to do something that he doesn't like (imagine that).

I laughed in his face and payed him no mind as I walked away. He already got his just deserts as far as I am concerned.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott Farkus »

AJSully421 wrote:So long as you are outside the building, you're good.
What if you are outside the building, but standing in their parking lot or on their sidewalk? I would imagine it would be tough to get detailed pictures of signage in most places if you were limited to taking the picture from the public street or sidewalk. They tell you to leave, you have to leave but would you have to delete the pictures off your phone if they asked you to? If you posted them somewhere later are you in any potential violation?

Topic author
OnceFired

Post by OnceFired »

I was there to meet clients and had several possible clients in the elevator with me. I didn't want to make a scene at the time as that would give away the fact that I was about to store my gun in my car.

I *should* have taken a picture on the way out. The only "guy" there was a low level receptionist / attendant whose primary purpose was to validate parking. No one in charge of their offices within the hotel building was there.

I have no problem telling someone in management precisely what I think. The reality is that I won't be there often enough to care. I can understand the 30.07 to a degree, but the 30.06 is just plain irritating.
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

OnceFired wrote:I was there to meet clients and had several possible clients in the elevator with me. I didn't want to make a scene at the time as that would give away the fact that I was about to store my gun in my car.

I *should* have taken a picture on the way out. The only "guy" there was a low level receptionist / attendant whose primary purpose was to validate parking. No one in charge of their offices within the hotel building was there.

I have no problem telling someone in management precisely what I think. The reality is that I won't be there often enough to care. I can understand the 30.07 to a degree, but the 30.06 is just plain irritating.
Is it just a restaurant or something inside the hotel? I've never seen an Omni posted 30.06/07. One of the bars they set up at occasionally (not a permanent fixture) in the lobby in Dallas does have a 51%. It doesn't however have a door or walls to indicate any boundaries and the other bars in the hotel are posted with the blue TABC signage which is a bit confusing.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Scott Farkus wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:So long as you are outside the building, you're good.
What if you are outside the building, but standing in their parking lot or on their sidewalk? I would imagine it would be tough to get detailed pictures of signage in most places if you were limited to taking the picture from the public street or sidewalk. They tell you to leave, you have to leave but would you have to delete the pictures off your phone if they asked you to? If you posted them somewhere later are you in any potential violation?
I was talking about the 30.06/07 signs on the building... so long as you stay outside, you're not in violation there. They have no expectation of privacy in the parking lot. They can't make you delete a thing... only ask you to leave their property.

Get in, get a picture, get out. They have zero legal recourse if on your way out and you leave.

Topic author
OnceFired

Post by OnceFired »

They're on the 16th floor. The signage is on the 16th floor in the elevator lobby area. There is no way in or out of anywhere other than the bank of 6 elevators or the front glass doors of their office space.

There is no signage I saw anywhere downstairs. I came in through the parking garage, went upstairs and encountered the signage. I excused myself, went back to my car to disarm and came back up.

Not happy about it but I had already committed to attending the event for work.
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”