No open carry at Costco in Frisco

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

casp625
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No open carry at Costco in Frisco

Post by casp625 »

mr1337 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Please refrain from OC at COSTCO or any discount warehouse. Carry Concealed.
I would assume that Sam's Club would be okay with OC since they're owned by Wal-Mart
I OC at Sam's Club without any issues.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

Beiruty wrote:Please refrain from OC at COSTCO or any discount warehouse. Carry Concealed.
I have seen four OC since became legal in NM. Three in Sam's, one in Wal Mart. No issues with any of them.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

WTR wrote:
I have seen four OC since became legal in NM. Three in Sam's, one in Wal Mart. No issues with any of them.
You better not see any OC in Sam's or Walmart in NM. It is a felony. They sell beer and wine.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

mr1337 wrote:
I would assume that Sam's Club would be okay with OC since they're owned by Wal-Mart
I just looked at the Sam's Club membership agreement - nothing about firearms.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
SoConfused
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SoConfused »

Could you please elaborate why?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

SoConfused wrote:
Incorrect. Here is the New Mexico law on carrying in establishments that sell alcohol for off-premise consumption:
30-7-3. Unlawful Carrying Of a Firearm in Licensed Liquor Establishments. (Restaurant Carry Legal)
A. Unlawful carrying of a firearm in an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages consists of
carrying a loaded or unloaded firearm on any premises licensed by the regulation and licensing department
for the dispensing of alcoholic beverages except:
(4) by a person carrying a concealed handgun who is in possession of a valid concealed handgun
license for that gun pursuant to the Concealed Handgun Carry Act on the premises of:
(a) a licensed establishment that does not sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the
premises; ....
So you can carry in a liquor store or location that sells alcohol for take-home if you have a license. Same goes for resturants as long as they only sell beer or wine and make less than 40% from those sales.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
WTR wrote:
You better not see any OC in Sam's or Walmart in NM. It is a felony. They sell beer and wine.
Funny, the 3 I saw at Sam's ( all members of the same family) had 2 uniformed Sheriff's Deputies behind them in line and even asked about the Kimbers they each had........ Nothing was said about illegal carry.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

SoConfused wrote:
I can't say what Beiruty had in mind, but I assume that he feels that if they start having a bunch of issues, it draws attention to their somewhat relaxed enforcement here.

Strictly speaking, the manager should accompany you to the membership counter, give you a full refund of your membership fee for the year and cancel your membership. Like it or not, that is their official policy. The managers are informally relaxing that, as long as nobody makes a big deal out of it.

I've been a Costco member since a couple of months after Mr. Price started up Price Club in ~1976. Of course, carry isn't much of an issue in San Diego, then or now.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
SoConfused
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SoConfused »

JALLEN wrote:
SoConfused wrote:
I can't say what Beiruty had in mind, but I assume that he feels that if they start having a bunch of issues, it draws attention to their somewhat relaxed enforcement here.

Strictly speaking, the manager should accompany you to the membership counter, give you a full refund of your membership fee for the year and cancel your membership. Like it or not, that is their official policy. The managers are informally relaxing that, as long as nobody makes a big deal out of it.

I've been a Costco member since a couple of months after Mr. Price started up Price Club in ~1976. Of course, carry isn't much of an issue in San Diego, then or now.
Yes, I got that and certainly agree. If I would have known, I never would have open carried there. My fault since it's plain as day on the membership agreement I signed, but failed to read.

I was wondering more about the "...or any discount warehouse."

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I was wondering more about the "...or any discount warehouse."

That is why I addressed Sam's and Wal Mart. My nearest Costco is too far to justify me going to it.

jailbird

Post by jailbird »

JALLEN wrote:
SoConfused wrote:
In our local Costco my wife forgot to cover hers. On the way out one of the employees just asked her to cover it. So indeed, they're definitely being more lax, which is a good thing! After Las Vegas, I always make sure it's covered when we go.

Sam's would be better, but we just prefer going to Costco. Now if Costco ever posts 30.06, we're done!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”