Love me some Texas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Love me some Texas

Post by The Marshal »

techenigma wrote:Try being born and raised in California... Moving to Texas is a dream I still haven't woken up from.
Did that, and we moved from San Jose to a small town of 6000 in East Texas in 1978. Culture. Shock.
But I am now much wiser and so glad that my parents decided to leave California and raise me in East Texas.

Have no desire to move from here.

techenigma
Posts in topic: 3

Post by techenigma »

The Marshal wrote:
techenigma wrote:Try being born and raised in California... Moving to Texas is a dream I still haven't woken up from.
Did that, and we moved from San Jose to a small town of 6000 in East Texas in 1978. Culture. Shock.
But I am now much wiser and so glad that my parents decided to leave California and raise me in East Texas.

Have no desire to move from here.
Small ranch town in CA to San Antonio for me. So much better in Texas

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I was born and jerked up right here in Texas. My 22 years in the Air Force had me stationed in far away lands like Cape Lisburne Alaska, Athens Greece, 6 years in Germany, and even Oklahoma ( :lol: ). Between the USAF and my civilian career, I've spent time in Canada, Berlin (before the wall came down), Italy, England, Panama (during Noriega's reign), Puerto Rico, and about 45 of the 50 states.

I'm permanently back in Texas now and if I never cross the border again, I'll die a happy man. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

techenigma

Post by techenigma »

Pawpaw wrote:I was born and jerked up right here in Texas. My 22 years in the Air Force had me stationed in far away lands like Cape Lisburne Alaska, Athens Greece, 6 years in Germany, and even Oklahoma ( :lol: ). Between the USAF and my civilian career, I've spent time in Canada, Berlin (before the wall came down), Italy, England, Panama (during Noriega's reign), Puerto Rico, and about 45 of the 50 states.

I'm permanently back in Texas now and if I never cross the border again, I'll die a happy man. ;-)
Didn't like Oklahoma? Everything else I can understand but that one's worth inquiry.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

techenigma wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:I was born and jerked up right here in Texas. My 22 years in the Air Force had me stationed in far away lands like Cape Lisburne Alaska, Athens Greece, 6 years in Germany, and even Oklahoma ( :lol: ). Between the USAF and my civilian career, I've spent time in Canada, Berlin (before the wall came down), Italy, England, Panama (during Noriega's reign), Puerto Rico, and about 45 of the 50 states.

Didn't like Oklahoma? Everything else I can understand but that one's worth inquiry.
It's called "Texas humor". ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”