Re: My Latest Addition; Sig Sauer P238

Post by rytchard »

Ammo is always a great gift! :hurry:

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

rytchard wrote:Ammo is always a great gift! :hurry:

(Special thanks to Flightmare! :tiphat: )
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
rytchard
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rytchard »

Pawpaw wrote:

Still laughing! :tiphat: :patriot:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

rytchard wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
rytchard wrote:Don't have the extended mag yet, But I want to get it and another 6 rounder. Cleaned it tonight and loaded ("it is a hot gun" - pun intended) :thumbs2:
I have small hands and way prefer the extended. You may want to try it before you shell out the cash on another 6 rounder.
Academy Sports carries them. I will grab one before going to the range this weekend! Thanks!
My wife just bought one for $519 from Academy. She's left-handed so I ordered the ambi-safety kit from SIG and it's easy to install. However, . . . there's always a "however," right . . . be very sure to remove and reinstall the safety detent spring and plunger inside a LARGE baggie. If/when it launches to the moon, you will not find it. My replacements are on their way to me from SIG.

Chas.

Topic author
rytchard
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rytchard »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
rytchard wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
rytchard wrote:Don't have the extended mag yet, But I want to get it and another 6 rounder. Cleaned it tonight and loaded ("it is a hot gun" - pun intended) :thumbs2:
I have small hands and way prefer the extended. You may want to try it before you shell out the cash on another 6 rounder.
Academy Sports carries them. I will grab one before going to the range this weekend! Thanks!
My wife just bought one for $519 from Academy.

Chas.
That must be one heck of a magazine for $519!

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 15

Post by TexasTornado »

rytchard wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Still laughing! :tiphat: :patriot:
:rolll
.....and sending that pic to my parents.....
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
rytchard wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
My wife just bought one for $519 from Academy. She's left-handed so I ordered the ambi-safety kit from SIG and it's easy to install. However, . . . there's always a "however," right . . . be very sure to remove and reinstall the safety detent spring and plunger inside a LARGE baggie. If/when it launches to the moon, you will not find it. My replacements are on their way to me from SIG.

Chas.
Why didn't I think of that when trying to get the firing pin and spring and the confounded little plate all aligned???

Eureka! Le plastic baggie!!!
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CoffeeNut »

Nice new Sig! I've carried the P238 for a little over 3 years now and I absolutely love it.

I also just ordered a flat faced trigger for it since my only quirk with the P238 was the occasional trigger pinch after a long range session.

If you want cheap range mags (and maybe self-defense mags) the metal-form Colt Mustang magazines have worked very well for me with everything but Hornady Custom loads.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

LosAlce
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LosAlce »

AndyC wrote: I had that same experience with my 938 when looking at replacing the trigger. I heard the detent land "somewhere over there" on the carpet but dug out a magnet and started a slow search-pattern, cursing myself for an idiot for not having done it in a bag as I know I should. Less than 5 minutes later, though - "click" :shock:

Something perhaps useful for the new owner - when I registered my new P938 on the Sig website, I got a 20%-off code good for accessories, so it might be worth your while - extra mags, perhaps? :cheers2:

Put my 20% towards a .22lr conversion kit for our 938. Absolutely worth it.

Congrats on the purchase! I only own the big brother (p938) so far but you can bet other Sigs will be purchased sometime in the future. Like it's been said before, the pinky extension mag is well worth it. My small hands can grip and shoot just fine with the flush mag but having that extension makes it feel so much better.
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mavs00 »

I love my p238..... It's my summer carry. Good little gun, and I shoot it well enough. Totally agree with the comments about the pinky mag. I have 3 extra. Carry all for a total of 22 rounds,

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

CoffeeNut wrote:Nice new Sig! I've carried the P238 for a little over 3 years now and I absolutely love it.

I also just ordered a flat faced trigger for it since my only quirk with the P238 was the occasional trigger pinch after a long range session.

If you want cheap range mags (and maybe self-defense mags) the metal-form Colt Mustang magazines have worked very well for me with everything but Hornady Custom loads.
Hey coffee, may I ask where you got your new trigger? The grooves on the p238 trigger are probably the only thing I would ever change on it but had no idea where to start looking.

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

AndyC wrote:The Crusader Trigger for Sig Sauer P938 and P238 Pistols - available in red, black or silver triggers.
:thumbs2: Thank you Andy!

NRA Lifetime Member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

AndyC wrote:The Crusader Trigger for Sig Sauer P938 and P238 Pistols - available in red, black or silver triggers.
Not cool man! Now I have to look at doing that for both of my sigs! :fire :fire
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”