My Latest Addition; Sig Sauer P238

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rytchard
Posts in topic: 8

My Latest Addition; Sig Sauer P238

Post by rytchard »

Got this little gem from Buds Gun Shop. Fired one of these at the range a couple of weeks ago and I knew then that I had to have one. Also ordered a box of 200 ea .380 rounds to break it in this weekend. I carry everyday and this firearm is extremely concealable even with just a t-shirt. Being a SA pistol I will carry in Condition 1 - locked, round in the chamber, cocked, and with the safety engaged. The only thing I can say that is not positive about this firearm is that the price is up there. But the quality of this firearm leaves no doubt of its worthiness. Just me saying! :tiphat:

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 15

Re: My Latest Addition; Sig Sauer P238

Post by TexasTornado »

Welcome to the SIG club!

:thewave
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
rytchard

Post by rytchard »

TexasTornado wrote:Welcome to the SIG club!

Thanks! Wow, it even comes with a club membership too! :anamatedbanana

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

rytchard wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:Welcome to the SIG club!

Thanks! Wow, it even comes with a club membership too! :anamatedbanana
Have to do something to offset the price tag lol. But seriously I have the p226-mk25 and p238 zombie and love them sooo much that I want the p320. SIG will spoil you rotten.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

Congrats!

I have a P238. They're great little pistols; As I type this, it's slightly bigger brother, the P938 is in my pocket. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Pawpaw wrote:Congrats!

I have a P238. They're great little pistols; As I type this, it's slightly bigger brother, the P938 is in my pocket. ;-)
I almost got the 938, but there was too much tension on the slide for me. So 238 it was...plus....ZOMBIE!

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

rytchard wrote:Got this little gem from Buds Gun Shop. Fired one of these at the range a couple of weeks ago and I knew then that I had to have one. Also ordered a box of 200 ea .380 rounds to break it in this weekend. I carry everyday and this firearm is extremely concealable even with just a t-shirt. Being a SA pistol I will carry in Condition 1 - locked, round in the chamber, cocked, and with the safety engaged. The only thing I can say that is not positive about this firearm is that the price is up there. But the quality of this firearm leaves no doubt of its worthiness. Just me saying! :tiphat:

Did you get the extended mag?

NRA Lifetime Member

Rokyudai
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rokyudai »

Sig P239, little sis Mosquito, and their big cousin, Sig 556 here! :biggrinjester:
NRA Benefactor Member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

I have both the P938 and P238 with 3 mags each.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
rytchard

Post by rytchard »

Don't have the extended mag yet, But I want to get it and another 6 rounder. Cleaned it tonight and loaded ("it is a hot gun" - pun intended) :thumbs2:

Topic author
rytchard

Post by rytchard »

I am going to put out tons of hints to my family and close friends that a P938 would be a really nice addition for my birthday or Christmas. Just in case they don't know what I might need! :)

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

rytchard wrote:Don't have the extended mag yet, But I want to get it and another 6 rounder. Cleaned it tonight and loaded ("it is a hot gun" - pun intended) :thumbs2:
I have small hands and way prefer the extended. You may want to try it before you shell out the cash on another 6 rounder.

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
rytchard

Post by rytchard »

TexasTornado wrote:
rytchard wrote:Don't have the extended mag yet, But I want to get it and another 6 rounder. Cleaned it tonight and loaded ("it is a hot gun" - pun intended) :thumbs2:
I have small hands and way prefer the extended. You may want to try it before you shell out the cash on another 6 rounder.
Academy Sports carries them. I will grab one before going to the range this weekend! Thanks!

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

rytchard wrote:

I am going to put out tons of hints to my family and close friends that a P938 would be a really nice addition for my birthday or Christmas. Just in case they don't know what I might need! :)
Lol my Christmas list usually looks like a 17 year old boys. Last year I asked for Ammo and an Aikman jersey. Can bet you Ammo will be on this year's list too.

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

rytchard wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
Academy Sports carries them. I will grab one before going to the range this weekend! Thanks!
Any time :tiphat:

NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”