CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Austin City Limits Festival

Post by bblhd672 »

ScottDLS wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
TexasTornado wrote: I wonder what would happen if we called the police (non emergency line of course) and explained that we were going to continue into the building...as there are no laws being broken, would they support us?
I believe that you would be arrested for trespassing. The Austin district attorney and media would love to prosecute and persecute LTC's who are acting in an unlawful manner - whether "legally" you are or are not. It only matters what those entities say on the evening news, and the LTC community would get a black eye in the process.

Better tactic would be to let the legislature do their work toward removing the restrictions which is part of the 2017 plan. Creating a scene now may disrupt those plans.
I think it's more likely you would get arrested for disorderly conduct. Trespassing is clearly statutorily not applicable. It would be like getting arrested for driving 40 in a 45 zone...They'd more likely make up something like reckless driving than try to get you for speeding.
I would agree with you, except we're talking about a clearly anti-gun environment in Austin. I wouldn't give the DA there any opening to go after a LTC holder.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TexasTornado »

bblhd672 wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
TexasTornado wrote: I wonder what would happen if we called the police (non emergency line of course) and explained that we were going to continue into the building...as there are no laws being broken, would they support us?
I believe that you would be arrested for trespassing. The Austin district attorney and media would love to prosecute and persecute LTC's who are acting in an unlawful manner - whether "legally" you are or are not. It only matters what those entities say on the evening news, and the LTC community would get a black eye in the process.

Better tactic would be to let the legislature do their work toward removing the restrictions which is part of the 2017 plan. Creating a scene now may disrupt those plans.
I think it's more likely you would get arrested for disorderly conduct. Trespassing is clearly statutorily not applicable. It would be like getting arrested for driving 40 in a 45 zone...They'd more likely make up something like reckless driving than try to get you for speeding.
I would agree with you, except we're talking about a clearly anti-gun environment in Austin. I wouldn't give the DA there any opening to go after a LTC holder.

I was more referring to Jerry World
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

DKB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DKB »

Planning to go to ACL this weekend and I’m curious if anything has changed in the last few years?

Has anyone been able to argue their way through security with their LTC?

If anyone has complained to Austin and/or the AG, could you share your complaint language?

TY
S&W M&P 2.0

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”