Active Shooter Seminar

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Active Shooter Seminar

Post by Bitter Clinger »

RogueUSMC wrote:Same where I work. They hosted one of these classes at our warehouse. I Don't think the concepts really registered with the average Joe Schmoe...

The end of the class had folks saying stuff like, "I would hide behind this..." or, I will hide behind that..." I told them that I know what my handgun cartridges will do and there was nothing in this warehouse that would stop my handgun cartridges but the red iron stations. If a shooter comes in here, he will be using rifle cartridges. I told them that there was a fire door at the other end of the warehouse...beat feet children...

They know I carry a gun and would ask me if I would come out into the warehouse and shoot the shooter...I said, "nope." When they ask why, I list the following reasons...
  • IF I have a gun on me (it is discouraged where I work but not officially prohibited), it would be a handgun and I am NOT taking on a rifle with a handgun.
  • IF I came from my office out into the warehouse, it is a very big tactical disadvantage for me. He would probably see me long before I located him.
  • I have a four foot piece of angle iron next to my office window...I am making a door...
  • Once I am outside and have access to my truck, options change...
:iagree: Once you have experienced trying to clear a building by yourself, using only a handgun, you will completely appreciate the life saving wisdom in these comments from RogueUSMC!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:You may wish to consider this real world scenario training, I have done it and it is really an eye opener:
http://p2-concepts.com/index.php/event/ ... nters-2-2/
That looks like much more practical training for active shooter scenarios.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:You may wish to consider this real world scenario training, I have done it and it is really an eye opener:
http://p2-concepts.com/index.php/event/ ... nters-2-2/
That looks like much more practical training for active shooter scenarios.
It is the 'fight" part only. :evil2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
:iagree: Once you have experienced trying to clear a building by yourself, using only a handgun, you will completely appreciate the life saving wisdom in these comments from RogueUSMC!
Running is the most basic of martial skills. No shame in it whatsoever...lol.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

RogueUSMC wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Running is the most basic of martial skills. No shame in it whatsoever...lol.
:patriot:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

When I was a kid I heard a saying:

He who fights and runs away
May live to fight another day

According to the almighty internet, this is attributed to Oliver Goldsmith. Who completed the idiom with:

But he who is battle slain
Can never rise to fight again

Which I interpret as: Pick your battles carefully. Don't get into a situation where you can't win.

Or, as they said in the military: If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Actually, I learned that as the summation of a rather lengthy discussion on tactics which a sergeant ended with "You should never get involved in a fight in which you do not have overwhelming superiority."
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”