Threat reduction

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Threat reduction

Post by RossA »

I teach my students to keep shooting until the threat is stopped. With an aggressor that close, if they are shooting so slowly that they have to time to think "well, he dropped the knife, what do I do now?", they are about to be overrun.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

RossA wrote:I teach my students to keep shooting until the threat is stopped. With an aggressor that close, if they are shooting so slowly that they have to time to think "well, he dropped the knife, what do I do now?", they are about to be overrun.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

RossA wrote:I teach my students to keep shooting until the threat is stopped. With an aggressor that close, if they are shooting so slowly that they have to time to think "well, he dropped the knife, what do I do now?", they are about to be overrun.
I could only see this scenario happening if I had a weapon malfunction of some type after the first round was fired. And I ensure that all of my carry guns are completely reliable, so I am extremely unlikely to ever find myself with this decision to make.

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txglock21 »

If I shoot them in the chest and they keep coming at me, I will go for a head shot because at that point they have already "turned" into a zombie and everyone knows only a head shot will put them down! "rlol"
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

txglock21 wrote:If I shoot them in the chest and they keep coming at me, I will go for a head shot because at that point they have already "turned" into a zombie and everyone knows only a head shot will put them down! "rlol"
I got into reloading recently. Now I need to get some bullet casting gear so I can cast some bullets out of silver.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
txglock21 wrote:If I shoot them in the chest and they keep coming at me, I will go for a head shot because at that point they have already "turned" into a zombie and everyone knows only a head shot will put them down! "rlol"
I got into reloading recently. Now I need to get some bullet casting gear so I can cast some bullets out of silver.
That would make a great display with a nice looking revolver or 1911. Get you an ornate looking cross to toss in with it, and a stake.
NRA Benefactor Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Jago668 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
That would make a great display with a nice looking revolver or 1911. Get you an ornate looking cross to toss in with it, and a stake.

Plus silver bullets, are what the Lone Ranger used, so you could just shoot the knife out of the BG hand, and not worry about him anymore. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Jusme wrote:
Jago668 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Plus silver bullets, are what the Lone Ranger used, so you could just shoot the knife out of the BG hand, and not worry about him anymore. :biggrinjester:
Now I just need to find some reloading data for silver bullets.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”