Had a run in with an interesting so called oc person this weekend

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 3

Had a run in with an interesting so called oc person this weekend

Post by lildave40 »

This weekend I was getting my truck detailed. When a women I know stopped there as well. We were talking about her getting her ltc, what gun she is thinking about getting and the ones she has been trying out before making her purchase. That is when a man chimes in our conversation. He was tatted from head to tow. Jail house style tattoos and I could have sworn I was getting high from the smell of weed on liquor on him. On his side you can clearly see a barrel hanging out below his shirt. He started telling us it was his right to open carry anywhere he wants, and since he has been out of prison he was happy to have his LTC. He continues to state the only time he does not carry is when is visits his parole officer. Feeling uncomfortable how loud he was in the waiting room with families around I told my friend lets go outside since they were almost done with our trucks. the they guy follows us outside and kept on and on how nobody is going to tell him where he can carry. At this point I was frustrated with the guy because he was in our face. So I asked him if he didnt mind I want to talk to the lady privately. That we have some personal matters we need to get resolved. That is when out of no where he ask me what am I carrying? Then takes his shirt up and starts pulling his now I see a 1911 out of the holster. The manager of the location tells him to put the weapon up or get off the premises. Well the guy took his attention off of us finally and starts screaming at the Manager. That is when Houston Finest pulls right up to us and jump out going straight for the guy guns drawn. Come to find out he was out on parole and was high.

SHogun62
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Had a run in with an interesting so called oc person this weekend

Post by SHogun62 »

That certainly was an interesting event! I'd say you handled yourself quite well, and I"m glad you both made it out of there ok.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I certainly hope he was not an LTC holder, but rather an idiot who will now find himself back behind bars for parole violations.
:banghead:

Glad it got no more serious than it did (not that it wasn't serious enough) :shock:

Those are the kind of people that create more problems for responsible LTC holders, and make getting our restrictions removed almost impossible. :grumble
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

lildave40 wrote:This weekend I was getting my truck detailed. When a women I know stopped there as well. We were talking about her getting her ltc, what gun she is thinking about getting and the ones she has been trying out before making her purchase. That is when a man chimes in our conversation. He was tatted from head to tow. Jail house style tattoos and I could have sworn I was getting high from the smell of weed on liquor on him. On his side you can clearly see a barrel hanging out below his shirt. He started telling us it was his right to open carry anywhere he wants, and since he has been out of prison he was happy to have his LTC. He continues to state the only time he does not carry is when is visits his parole officer. Feeling uncomfortable how loud he was in the waiting room with families around I told my friend lets go outside since they were almost done with our trucks. the they guy follows us outside and kept on and on how nobody is going to tell him where he can carry. At this point I was frustrated with the guy because he was in our face. So I asked him if he didnt mind I want to talk to the lady privately. That we have some personal matters we need to get resolved. That is when out of no where he ask me what am I carrying? Then takes his shirt up and starts pulling his now I see a 1911 out of the holster. The manager of the location tells him to put the weapon up or get off the premises. Well the guy took his attention off of us finally and starts screaming at the Manager. That is when Houston Finest pulls right up to us and jump out going straight for the guy guns drawn. Come to find out he was out on parole and was high.
Sounds like a good case for "felon in possession". Even if you could be on parole for a misdemeanor, it couldn't have been 5 years ago that he got out of prison if he was still on parole for it.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Jusme wrote:I certainly hope he was not an LTC holder, but rather an idiot who will now find himself back behind bars for parole violations.
:banghead:

Glad it got no more serious than it did (not that it wasn't serious enough) :shock:

Those are the kind of people that create more problems for responsible LTC holders, and make getting our restrictions removed almost impossible. :grumble
There's no way he could be a LTC holder if he was on parole, unless he forged the application to hide his record. But then shouldn't his prints be in the system for being a convict? If not why do they bother taking mine?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Scary to say the least. I seriously doubt he has an LTC if he's been in prison and is on parole. When were the police called? Was it before or after he displayed his handgun and was told by management to put it away or leave? I'm curios how long all this took including the response time by the police.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

puma guy wrote:Scary to say the least. I seriously doubt he has an LTC if he's been in prison and is on parole. When were the police called? Was it before or after he displayed his handgun and was told by management to put it away or leave? I'm curios how long all this took including the response time by the police.
I dont know but the whole thing lasted roughly 15 minutes. I can only assume someone called while inside as he was really loud about his stance on carrying. The officer said he was not licensed to carry and we were lucky.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

lildave40 wrote:
puma guy wrote:Scary to say the least. I seriously doubt he has an LTC if he's been in prison and is on parole. When were the police called? Was it before or after he displayed his handgun and was told by management to put it away or leave? I'm curios how long all this took including the response time by the police.
I dont know but the whole thing lasted roughly 15 minutes. I can only assume someone called while inside as he was really loud about his stance on carrying. The officer said he was not licensed to carry and we were lucky.

Good, maybe a little more time under state supervision, will provide him with a different outlook. I don't know how Houston works, but any parolee, that we arrested, was tested very quickly by their PO, for any drugs or alcohol.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

lildave40 wrote:
Lets see. Unlicensed carry, and on parole. He must have bought his gun on the internet, or thru one of those gun show loopholes. :biggrinjester:

Kudos to you lildave40 for keeping your cool and handling the situation well.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Wow! My heart was racing reading that story. That's crazy! There's no way that guy had his LTC. I am sad that the Guy could not turn his life around while on parole. Even more sad is that the 1911 will be locked away in a locker room for eternity....

Glad your ok bro!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Flightmare wrote:
lildave40 wrote:
Lets see. Unlicensed carry, and on parole. He must have bought his gun on the internet, or thru one of those gun show loopholes. :biggrinjester:

Kudos to you lildave40 for keeping your cool and handling the situation well.
Queen Hillary made it clear that we can just order guns (including Howitzers, I believe) and have them mailed to our houses. That must be the issue here. In fact, this guy probably would have never broken any laws in the first place if not for his easy ability to get guns.

Speaking of which, does anyone know a good site for buying 155mm howitzers? I'm looking for a self propelled model with low miles and a moderate round count. I work most days, so I'll just have them leave it in my driveway with the keys under the seat.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Moving the exchange out of the closed space and into the open was a good move...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Prison vs. Jail.

Aren't crimes sentenced to prison always felonies? I know that som jail sentences are felonies but I was under the impression that prison=felony.

May be showing my ignorance here, but that is what I have always thought.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

lildave40 wrote:This weekend I was getting my truck detailed. When a women I know stopped there as well. We were talking about her getting her ltc, what gun she is thinking about getting and the ones she has been trying out before making her purchase. That is when a man chimes in our conversation. He was tatted from head to tow. Jail house style tattoos and I could have sworn I was getting high from the smell of weed on liquor on him. On his side you can clearly see a barrel hanging out below his shirt. He started telling us it was his right to open carry anywhere he wants, and since he has been out of prison he was happy to have his LTC. He continues to state the only time he does not carry is when is visits his parole officer. Feeling uncomfortable how loud he was in the waiting room with families around I told my friend lets go outside since they were almost done with our trucks. the they guy follows us outside and kept on and on how nobody is going to tell him where he can carry. At this point I was frustrated with the guy because he was in our face. So I asked him if he didnt mind I want to talk to the lady privately. That we have some personal matters we need to get resolved. That is when out of no where he ask me what am I carrying? Then takes his shirt up and starts pulling his now I see a 1911 out of the holster. The manager of the location tells him to put the weapon up or get off the premises. Well the guy took his attention off of us finally and starts screaming at the Manager. That is when Houston Finest pulls right up to us and jump out going straight for the guy guns drawn. Come to find out he was out on parole and was high.
Were you carrying concealed? (I know, stupid question but it wasn't specified)
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Dragonfighter wrote:Prison vs. Jail.

Aren't crimes sentenced to prison always felonies? I know that som jail sentences are felonies but I was under the impression that prison=felony.

May be showing my ignorance here, but that is what I have always thought.
This is usually the case.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”