Voting with LTC as ID?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Voting with LTC as ID?

Post by DocV »

Has anyone attempted to use their LTC as an ID for early voting? I did but was told that I had to use my driver's license. I know the LTC is listed as acceptable photo ID but was not going to edumacate the voting clerk.

SewTexas

Re: Voting with LTC as ID?

Post by SewTexas »

from what I've been told, the software is built for a DL to be scanned. everything else has to be hand entered.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

If this did happen, the clerk at the polling place was wrong. The LTC is one of seven types of picture ID that is accepted. The DL is not scanned to vote it is just used to verify ID with the picture presented by the person.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

DocV wrote:Has anyone attempted to use their LTC as an ID for early voting? I did but was told that I had to use my driver's license. I know the LTC is listed as acceptable photo ID but was not going to edumacate the voting clerk.
Yes in Denton County. I sailed through with no hassle.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Discussed extensively in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=86576&hilit=Acceptable
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I have used CHL/LTC for ID in many elections, both primary and general. But I don't vote early because of the long drive to the county seat. So, I can't say I have tried for the specific instance you asked about.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

KHickam

Post by KHickam »

Used my military ID but she could not find the address on it - so I handed her my LTC - worked fine.
"Be strong, be of good courage, God Bless America, Long live the Republic." SootchOO

LosAlce

Post by LosAlce »

Used my LTC today with zero problems. My husband on the other hand had to calmly explain to his voting clerk that his LTC was valid to use. After a couple minutes she figured it out and got everything rolling.
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

crewsn

Post by crewsn »

used mine friday with zero issues.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Voted with my LTC
Had no issues
The clerk had to type in the ID from the LTC
- he didn't try to scan it
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Bought some Sudafed today at the local Walgreens. They scanned the 3D bar code on my driver's license. I'll have to try my LTC next time to see if it works. That or find a new supply of methylamine, so I don't have to make this stupid shake and bake in my basement.... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I presented my LTC at an early voting site, and the clerk said the scanner wasn't working for LTCs, could they please have my DL. I think they just didn't want to do the manual entry.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

I used my LTC at the voting location without any problems.

They should have a spread sheet hanging up near the entrance of accepted ID's and the LTC is one of them.

:thumbs2:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I used mine and the clerk seemed a little frustrated but entered my info and I voted, I ask the lady passing out the I VOTED stickers if she had any I'M DEPLORABLE and I VOTED stickers she laughed and said No
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I don't understand this scanning thing. Is this all that common, they just looked at my driver license and compared it to the voter list. What is the need of this scan stuff? I don't think my magnetic strip will work anymore, cause it's pretty much worn off. I would be pretty upset if I were denied my right to vote just because their machines can't read my license.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”