Dr Pepper Arena - Frisco

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Dr Pepper Arena - Frisco

Post by ScottDLS »

I'm at Dr Pepper arena today for a nonprofessional, non school sponsored athletic event. They had nice big 30.06 signs on the wall an the way in from the parking lot. Permanently attached, not sandwich board style. This despite arena being owned by the city of Frisco.

I'm shaking as I write this in fear of "taking the ride" as I'm carrying in my front pocket. :shock:

The thought of receiving a $200 summons has me almost sick with worry. What if an uninformed cop and a raging anti gun municipal attorney went after me....?

I don't suppose I'll file a complaint with the City and the AG as I'll just hear KP-108 or that they had a minor league hockey game here once...or they'll dig up one of their mobile booths with a 51% license that was once plugged into the arena power. :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dr Pepper Arena - Frisco

Post by Abraham »

Isn't this an example of trying to intimidate those with LTC's into not carrying?

If they do carry and are discovered to be doing so by LE, there's no problem as there signage isn't enforceable?

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Who owns the arena?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

locke_n_load wrote:Who owns the arena?
City of Frisco.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

No metal detectors? I'm planning a visit to American Airlines Center soon for a similar event, and unenforceable signs don't scare me. However, I don't feel like getting denied entrance since they do have metal detectors, as I'm going with my wife and friends. I might be willing to walk back to the car, but their website makes it really clear what their position is, and that they do have detectors set up. I'm just not willing to ruin everyone else's time.

Are you going to document your visit for a complaint? I'm planning to do so for AAC. Anything to document other than the event and any signs?
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”