Received incorrect information during LTC renewal process...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Received incorrect information during LTC renewal process...

Post by Pawpaw »

stash wrote:
KLB wrote:
HadEmAll wrote:I have the word "Veteran" on my Texas driver's license. Had to take my DD214 to the renewal office and show it to the clerk to prove it, so I knew you didn't have to be retired to be considered a veteran.
I renewed in 2016 and checked the "veteran" box for the first time. They didn't make me show anything. I assumed they took it off my driver's license, which has the same notation. I did show the DD-214 for the notation on the driver's license.

Whatever they did, both by driver's and handgun licenses now have a "veteran" notation.
That's good to know. I have to renew later this year and have "Veteran" on my DL but not LTC. I will just check the veteran box and see what happens.
I'll tell you what will happen. They'll want you to send them proof of eligibility. You can scan and email them your DD-214. It will have to be the one that shows your type of discharge. I think that is copy 4.

When I did it on renewal, I just scanned my retired military ID card (front and back) and emailed that. It was accepted with no questions.
warnmar10 wrote:VA Card (Department of Veterans Affairs) – MUST have the words SERVICE CONNECTED under picture.
I just looked at my VA ID card. I had never noticed that notation before. Thanks!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

diverg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Received incorrect information during LTC renewal process...

Post by diverg »

So I just finished my online renewal, but after reading this thread I am confused. My CHL issued in 2012 does not have Veteran anywhere on the license, but my renewal information already had veteran prefilled in. I used the Veteran's discounts because like you I like to get discounts. :) Anyway, I assume I had to submit a DD214 with my original CHL so do I still need to resubmit my DD214 for the renewal?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”