Durty Nelly's San Antonio

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Durty Nelly's San Antonio

Post by RogueUSMC »

Easy big fella...lol.

It wouldn't surprise be a bit if the average Joe on this forum has more experience with carry of a handgun and the law pertaining to it than I do. I hesitate to converse with others on this forum with any kind of way less mentally astute than I am...

The owner of a place can call it "Joes Bar & Grill" and only sell lemonade if he wants to...if you wanna disarm and go have your lemonade, feel free but don't talk down to folks when they don't share your same view...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:"It has to do with the % of sales from alcohol."

Honest to goodness, really and for true...?

Ah, I would venture a mere 99.9% of those on this forum understand this.

But thanks, for your new guy wisdom...
Are you sure it's not 51% of us? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Glock4ever
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glock4ever »

RogueUSMC wrote:Easy big fella...lol.

It wouldn't surprise be a bit if the average Joe on this forum has more experience with carry of a handgun and the law pertaining to it than I do. I hesitate to converse with others on this forum with any kind of way less mentally astute than I am...

The owner of a place can call it "Joes Bar & Grill" and only sell lemonade if he wants to...if you wanna disarm and go have your lemonade, feel free but don't talk down to folks when they don't share your same view...
Are you saying you don't think it's a decent rule of thumb to assume a place with the name 'pub' in it located in one of the best well known drinking areas in Texas is 51%? I think it is.

A place selling lemonade wouldn't survive in that area.

The ability to take in information and make an informed guess of a situation is what separates man from many animals

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Glock4ever wrote:

Are you saying you don't think it's a decent rule of thumb to assume a place with the name 'pub' in it located in one of the best well known drinking areas in Texas is 51%? I think it is.

The ability to take in information and make an informed guess of a situation is what separates man from many animals
...or you could check TABC's site...
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Glock4ever
Banned

Post by Glock4ever »

RogueUSMC wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:

...or you could check TABC's site...
The OP couldn't find it on the site. Then someone called and it's 51...

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

but making statements to the fact that, being as it has 'pub' in the title, you should consider it off-limits, well...that boat may or may not float. You just came off as arrogant when referring to others' conclusions less than intelligent being as they were different from yours. Just step back a little bit ok? We welcome all who can contribute constructively to participate in the discussions here. Just show a little bit of decorum...if something you say would cause someone to turn and walk away from you were it said face to face will probably illicit the same reaction here. Just because it is a computer screen doesn't mean we can talk to folks any old way...
- Napoleon Bonaparte

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Glock4ever wrote:It's a pub.
http://www.durtynellyspub.com

Use common sense with any business with the word bar, pub, beer joint, etc on the name.
Ok...won't be carrying in the following businesses in San Antonio:

Tony's Bar Supply
Natalie's Candy Bar
House of RoyaLT Beauty Bar & Boutique

and...every Bar B Que place. :biggrinjester:

Be nice!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Glock4ever
Banned

Post by Glock4ever »

RogueUSMC wrote:but making statements to the fact that, being as it has 'pub' in the title, you should consider it off-limits, well...that boat may or may not float. You just came off as arrogant when referring to others' conclusions less than intelligent being as they were different from yours. Just step back a little bit ok? We welcome all who can contribute constructively to participate in the discussions here. Just show a little bit of decorum...if something you say would cause someone to turn and walk away from you were it said face to face will probably illicit the same reaction here. Just because it is a computer screen doesn't mean we can talk to folks any old way...
I never said that it should be considered off limits. I said it's a rule of thumb. If you can't understand that then...

skavoovie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by skavoovie »

Abraham wrote:"It has to do with the % of sales from alcohol."

Honest to goodness, really and for true...?

Ah, I would venture a mere 99.9% of those on this forum understand this.

But thanks, for your new guy wisdom...
This thread needs to be locked from further comments. Had to check which forum I was on for a minute there.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Glock4ever wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:but making statements to the fact that, being as it has 'pub' in the title, you should consider it off-limits, well...that boat may or may not float. You just came off as arrogant when referring to others' conclusions less than intelligent being as they were different from yours. Just step back a little bit ok? We welcome all who can contribute constructively to participate in the discussions here. Just show a little bit of decorum...if something you say would cause someone to turn and walk away from you were it said face to face will probably illicit the same reaction here. Just because it is a computer screen doesn't mean we can talk to folks any old way...
I never said that it should be considered off limits. I said it's a rule of thumb. If you can't understand that then...
Have a good day and Happy New year.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cyphertext »

While I don't agree with glock4ever's tone, I do agree that as a general rule, expect places that are known as bars to be off limits. I've been to Durty Nelly's many times, and not once did I go for the food. It is a late night spot on the Riverwalk... a piano bar that closes at 2 AM.

While some places may have the word bar in the title and be ok, like Chili's grill and bar, Durty Nelly's has always been known as a piano bar, not a place known for sandwiches.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”