Do you refuse to do business with 30.06 & 30.07 businesses?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do you refuse to do business with 30.06 & 30.07 businesses?

Post by TexasGal »

I will avoid anyplace that posts 30.06 unless it is a somewhere I must go (doctor, etc).
As far as places posted only 30.07, I do not have any problem with that. The reason is simply that I believe in being polite and I understand the concerns of business owners who have a real dilemma between customers who are alarmed/offended by guns and customers who want to be armed. I see a 30.06 sign as a clear statement the owner of the business is personally against guns and it's not about customers at all. I'm not spending my money there willingly. A 30.07 sign posted alone just tells me the owner wants customers from both sides of the debate and it's nothing personal. He/she isn't asking me to be disarmed, they are simply asking me to not offend/scare ignorant people. I don't understand why that seems so unreasonable to some.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

TexasGal wrote:I will avoid anyplace that posts 30.06 unless it is a somewhere I must go (doctor, etc).
As far as places posted only 30.07, I do not have any problem with that. The reason is simply that I believe in being polite and I understand the concerns of business owners who have a real dilemma between customers who are alarmed/offended by guns and customers who want to be armed. I see a 30.06 sign as a clear statement the owner of the business is personally against guns and it's not about customers at all. I'm not spending my money there willingly. A 30.07 sign posted alone just tells me the owner wants customers from both sides of the debate and it's nothing personal. He/she isn't asking me to be disarmed, they are simply asking me to not offend/scare ignorant people. I don't understand why that seems so unreasonable to some.
You summed up my feelings in this post. Very well put!
S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

TexasGal wrote:I will avoid anyplace that posts 30.06 unless it is a somewhere I must go (doctor, etc).
:iagree: (As if anybody gives a hoot what I think about anything.)

rickhdz36

Post by rickhdz36 »

I do not shop any where that has 30.06. My wife does no matter how much I tell her not too. But whatever. I have always wondered this, since This is my excuse to my wife as to why I wont spend my money there. If someone wouldn't mind chiming in.

I always say, "who is going to protect us or YOU if someone comes running in shooting or just robbing the place? The guy who makes minimum wage? The manager who might actually hate his job? I am not leaving my life in the hands of the unknown." There is only one way I will go into a place, If it can guarantee our safety. Either I know the owner has a gun of his own or there is armed security personal or LEOs on site. Other than that I will not step foot in the door.

My question is since this country can SUE about anything. Could someone with a CC who locked his/her weapon in the car and then the place he/she is shopping/eating in that has a 30.06 sign gets an active shooter and he/she gets shot, Would he/she be able to sue this company for not guaranteeing his/her safety? I mean even if he/she loses I think it would make a statement of, if you won't let me protect myself than you better do it. I just always thought about it, maybe it would push more businesses away from 30.06 sign.

minytrker

Post by minytrker »

My wife and I both avoid 30.06 places if at all possible. If I pull into a gas station and its posted 30.06 I just go to another one. Funny story, wife mentioned Denny;s last week and I said they have both signs posted, her reply well the service wasnt that great anyways.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”