CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

FAKE NEWS- mods please delete

Post by TreyHouston »

Simply amazing! They cane LTC classes there and its a GUN RANGE!!! :roll:

major blow back, its on all texas gun forums but this one!

Ill post links soon! But GREAT CALL, this place should be a "safe zone"
Last edited by TreyHouston on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carter's Country posts 30.06 and 30.07

Post by Sport Coach »

Hard to imagine this is true! I need a picture to prove it.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Sport Coach wrote:Hard to imagine this is true! I need a picture to prove it.
:iagree: This was reported once before and it turned out there were no 30.06 or 30.07 signs.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I'm calling "I don't think so" on this one. If Carter's Country had posted signage, I would expect Texas3006.com users to be all over it like green on broccoli. The only Carter's Country entry there, at Treaschwig Road in Spring, was submitted less than 24 hours ago, and it specified that the person reporting had been told orally that he could not carry, that there specifically were no valid 30.06 or 30.07 signs. It wasn't clear whether or not the person reporting had open-carried into the store and that's what triggered the oral notification, or if some other event did.

But given the Texas3006.com data, I'm betting that there are no valid 30.06/30.07 signs in Carter's Country stores. If someone sees these firsthand, please report it on Texas3006.com and snap a photo for us here. I haven't shopped at Carter's Country in a while, but if a gun store and range posts valid signs, you can bet I'll strike them off my list of possibles.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Glock4ever
Banned

Post by Glock4ever »

Skiprr wrote:I'm calling "I don't think so" on this one. If Carter's Country had posted signage, I would expect Texas3006.com users to be all over it like green on broccoli. The only Carter's Country entry there, at Treaschwig Road in Spring, was submitted less than 24 hours ago, and it specified that the person reporting had been told orally that he could not carry, that there specifically were no valid 30.06 or 30.07 signs. It wasn't clear whether or not the person reporting had open-carried into the store and that's what triggered the oral notification, or if some other event did.

But given the Texas3006.com data, I'm betting that there are no valid 30.06/30.07 signs in Carter's Country stores. If someone sees these firsthand, please report it on Texas3006.com and snap a photo for us here. I haven't shopped at Carter's Country in a while, but if a gun store and range posts valid signs, you can bet I'll strike them off my list of possibles.
If it was oral someone could have walked into the range area and was told that all guns need to be unloaded and the chambers open. Perfectly reasonable imo

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Competitor or disgruntled former employee, spreading internet rumors? Not gonna pile on unless this is proven.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Topic author
TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

FAKE NEWS, SORRY EVERYONE

MODS PLEASE DELETE
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Keith B

Re: FAKE NEWS- mods please delete

Post by Keith B »

I temporarily unlocked this topic to post an update:

We received communication from Mr. Carter and it was apparently a new employee who misunderstood policy and notified the individual they couldn't open carry. Carter's allows all forms of carry in their stores per Mr. Carter. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”